my projections for picks #40 and #64

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I like J. Bitonio at 40 becuase with Aaron Donald in st. louis we need a athletic OG to match that chess move and help out Russell Wilson in the process. Bitonio should be their at 40 I expect HOU to go QB or CB,WAS-CB,CLE-WR,OAK-QB,ATL-DT,TB-DT or C. Flemming,JAX-WR,SEA- Bitonio.

at 64 I like Brandon Coleman should still be their unless the run on WR's goes faster than expected but the run on CB's and OT's in the first should have teams looking in the second round also or risk losing out. Also a few QB's,RB's, OLB's and DT's should help push a few WR's to pick 64. I like Seattle's move to pick up the extra 4th could be a good value pick for the future.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Dude, you need to get off your Brandon Coleman kick. The guy is a horrible football player. Any team would be completely insane to take him before the 4th round, and I wouldn't waste a pick on him at all.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":1n8zm0ef said:
I like J. Bitonio at 40 becuase with Aaron Donald in st. louis we need a athletic OG to match that chess move and help out Russell Wilson in the process. Bitonio should be their at 40 I expect HOU to go QB or CB,WAS-CB,CLE-WR,OAK-QB,ATL-DT,TB-DT or C. Flemming,JAX-WR,SEA- Bitonio.

at 64 I like Brandon Coleman should still be their unless the run on WR's goes faster than expected but the run on CB's and OT's in the first should have teams looking in the second round also or risk losing out. Also a few QB's,RB's, OLB's and DT's should help push a few WR's to pick 64. I like Seattle's move to pick up the extra 4th could be a good value pick for the future.
We won't draft someone based on what other teams are doing

DJrmb

Reaction score
Keep an eye out for Jordan Matthews WR out of Vanderbilt. I think he really fits the physical qualities Pete wants in a WR (tall, strong, good speed, big hands), he has punt return exp. which is something we need, and he also has good pedigree being the cousin of Jerry Rice.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":eoh7jn4l said:
Keep an eye out for Jordan Matthews WR out of Vanderbilt. I think he really fits the physical qualities Pete wants in a WR (tall, strong, good speed, big hands), he has punt return exp. which is something we need, and he also has good pedigree being the cousin of Jerry Rice.

I love Matthews, but I'm really hoping for OL help. We should be able to snag a solid WR at 64. There will be a run on WR, but 5 were already taken, the top lineman have to go as well, and teams are being patient since it is a deep WR draft.

I wouldn't be against trading 64 + next years 4th to move up in the 2nd as well...with the comp picks we will get, it wouldn't be a huge loss.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Timmahawk":2se7yg3p said:
DJrmb":2se7yg3p said:

I love Matthews, but I'm really hoping for OL help. We should be able to snag a solid WR at 64. There will be a run on WR, but 5 were already taken, the top lineman have to go as well, and teams are being patient since it is a deep WR draft.

I wouldn't be against trading 64 + next years 4th to move up in the 2nd as well...with the comp picks we will get, it wouldn't be a huge loss.

I agree that we need some bodies on the OL badly, however I think looking back we've done much better drafting OL later than trying to "Draft for need" and pick one up early on (Carp, Moffitt). Whatever way they go I will be happy because its evident these guys have a plan and know exactly what they are doing, and in no way would I suggest I know more than them. I'm excited to see what new talents they bring in with all these gems left due to teams reaching in Rnd # 1...

Seafan

Reaction score
If someone takes Flemming that high it would be a considerable reach.

You have to feel that JS would not have made that trade unless the player they want or a group of players that would be palatable are going to be available.

The question is what position are they targeting? If it's a tall WR they have several choices available.

If they are looking for a replacement for Breno there are about four decent players available.

The Hawks are going to get good players at #40 and #64. Especially if there are 3 - 4 surprise picks like the first round.

kearly

Reaction score
Finding a trade partner could be tough, but I would love to see them move down many more times, their draft board right now must be swamped. I know mine is.

Seattle needs one of two things on the OL, muscle in the run game or a guy who is a legitimate tackle prospect. Bitonio is a solid player, but I do not view him as being either of those things. I think he is a finesse guard who can play tackle in emergencies but not as a long term solution.

I like the Coleman gamble but he might end up in the 5th round the way this draft is going.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I simply do not understand the Bitonio crush on this board. Is it his athleticism? RT needs to be as ass kicker, and he isn't, LG needs to be an ass kicker, and he isn't. His fast 40 does not mean he has quick feet or a mean streak.

I think the Hawks have an interest in Davante Adams.

Subzero717

Reaction score
English likes him so the rest have followed. I too find it odd that anyone but English has watched enough Nevada games to form an opinion.

Renohawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1q1talcs said:
English likes him so the rest have followed. I too find it odd that anyone but English has watched enough Nevada games to form an opinion.

Well, as a season ticket holder for Nevada, I'm not too sold on any OL from them. The offense they play is not indicative of a ground and pound style. They play the pistol offense and the OL usually play from a two point stance. Although Nevada has a good running program, most of it's off the QB's ability to run the read option and the finesse of the OL to operate it.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
In my ideal world, it's going to go Latimer at #40 then Billy Turner at #64. I'd be very happy.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1slv9gba said:
In my ideal world, it's going to go Latimer at #40 then Billy Turner at #64. I'd be very happy.
:thirishdrinkers:

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
#40-> OL if they're there (CK would be my guess but also Bitonio, Su'a-filo) or Amaro. Less likely Lattimer or Matthews. Darkhorse Stanley Jean-The interception machine
#64->WR most likely. I think Matthews will still be here. I would die if we swooped up Abbrederis.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":unst2q5m said:
While I respect English's opinion, he watches a lot more "tape" than I do, I don't get the love with Bitoni either. If we go OL, I want a real RT prospect, and Bitoni doesn't seem to be that guy

pcbball12

Reaction score
Ditto on Billy Turner...and I'd be ok with it at either spot in the 2nd. Have thought he was a Seahawk since I first turned on the tape. Guy is an ass kicker, a much needed one after what they have brewing down in Stl. I don't think there is a meaner/nastier OL in this entire draft than him.

Still like 8 WR's id feel comfortable taking in the 2nd. Which is crazy because I figured a few of them would be long gone by this point. They have to be happy as hell right now with so many good players still on the board. Gives them even more opportunity to trade down and add more picks.