Seahawks mock draft

cover-2

Reaction score
I can't sleep so I decided to put together a quick mock draft. I am projecting another trade down, trade our 4th round #108 (from Vikings) to the Bears for their 4th round #117 and 6th round #183.

2nd round #40 (from Vikings) - (WR) Davante Adams 6-2 212 lbs Fresno St: Adams is a good size for the flanker / Z wide receiver. Jump ball stud.
[youtube]_D1Le9FmIe0[/youtube]

2nd round #64 - (WR) Paul Richardson 6-0 175 lbs Colorado: Richardson should be able to start as a rookie as the Splitend / X wide receiver as a rookie. Great initial quickness and speed to stretch the field.
[youtube]KA4theyW4Kg[/youtube]

Projected trade down:
4th round #117 (from Bears) - (DE) James Gayle 6-4 260 lbs Virginia Tech: Nice initial quickness, good hand use, nice effective spin move, and he has a high motor.
[youtube]8BY2TX9clKU[/youtube]

4th round #132 - (OT) Laurent Duvernay-Tardif 6-5 298 lbs McGill (Canada): Big athletic possible LT if we are unable to re-sign Okung.
[youtube]vI4UBIKjOaw[/youtube]

5th #146 (from Raiders) - (CB) Loucheiz Purifoy 6-0 190 lbs Florida: Purifoy falls here due to his off the field knucklehead stuff, but at this point he is worth the gamble. Good aggressive CB in run support. He could be a good role player as a rookie blitzing from the nickel CB and he is an outstanding special teams player. Our coaching staff can coach him up to be the next stud Seahawks CB.
[youtube]hH8u1GBJ3GU[/youtube]

5th round #172 - (DT) Ken Bishop 6-0 306 lbs Northern Illinois: He flashes nice quickness and he can create some pressure up the middle.
[youtube]HmlvEuqp0QQ[/youtube]

6th round #183 (from Bears) - (TE) Blake Annen 6-4 247 lbs Cincinnati: Annen ran a 4.42 40-yard at his Pro Day, although he doesn't play to his timed speed. He was used more as a blocker and he looks to be a very solid blocker that plays to the whistle.
[youtube]yg9DVmezBKE[/youtube]

6th round #208 - (OLB) Marquis Flowers 6-3 231 lbs Arizona: Flowers ran a 4.5 40-yard dash with a 37 inch vertical jump at his Pro Day. He is a former safety, an undersized LB that fits best as the weak side LB.
[youtube]iwUAPfkxiGA[/youtube]

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
You really think we'll double dip in the 2nd at WR? I like the direction, I just wonder about that.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":thlm6967 said:
You really think we'll double dip in the 2nd at WR? I like the direction, I just wonder about that.

I wouldn't put money on the Seahawks taking two WR in the 2nd round, but a strong case can be made to justify it. Sidney Rice is injury prone and is only on a one year deal. Baldwin and Harvin, both excellent WR's, are slot WR's only. Kearse has potential to be a starter, but IMO he hasn't shown to have locked up an outside WR starting job.

I think Richardson would actually start day one on our team at the X receiver and Adams would push for some playing time as a rookie.