UDFA Signings/Tryouts; Nine players officially signed

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
This is a list of UDFA players said to sign or try out with the Seahawks. I'll update this post with more names as they sign or come for tryouts with the team.

Nine players have agreed to terms with the Seahawks, according to the Seattle Times, Sports Radio KJR, and confirmed by The Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks:

S Dion Bailey, USC
LB Brock Coyle, Montana
TE Chase Dixon, Central Arkansas
OT Garry Gilliam, Penn State
OL Bronson Irwin, Oklahoma
DE/OLB Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
CB Jimmy Legree, South Carolina
QB Keith Price, Washington
DT Andru Pulu, Eastern Washington

The following players have either accepted invitations to the Seahawks minicamp, or are rumored to have either signed or accepted invites:

QB Zach Zulli, Shippensburg (accepted invitation to minicamp)
S Cam Hudson, Troy (rumored signed/coming in for a tryout)
DL Demonte McAllister, Florida State (rumored signed/coming in for a tryout)
G John Martinez, USC (rumored signed/coming in for a tryout)
DE Tavita Woodard, Hawaii (rumored coming in for a tryout)
OL A.J. Harmon, Georgia (rumored signed/coming in for a tryout)
DE Adham Talaat, Gallaudet (rumored signed/coming in for a tryout)
FS Michael Dobson, East Carolina (rumored signed/coming in for a tryout)
ILB Chris Young, Arizona State (rumored signed/coming in for a tryout)
FS John Ojo, Florida A&M (rumored signed/coming in for a tryout)
K Andrew Furney, Washington State (rumored coming in for a tryout)

Field Gulls is tracking Seahawks UDFA signings (with game film on some) here: http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft...results-seahawks-undrafted-free-agent-tracker

SB Nation is tracking all UDFA signings here: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/10/5703808/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2014-nfl-draft

The Seattle News Tribune is tracking Seahawks UDFA here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/05/10/seahawks-undrafted-free-agents/

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I wouldn't agree that there's a "maximum" we can sign. It's not unusual for current players on the roster to be cut as UDFAs come aboard.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Left USC early and going undrafted was an upset to many. Projected mid-rounder. Looks like Pete had his sights on him quick.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":tu0oq26a said:
Hawkstorian":tu0oq26a said:
I wouldn't agree that there's a "maximum" we can sign. It's not unusual for current players on the roster to be cut as UDFAs come aboard.

True. Thought I saw somewhere we could only sign eight initially.
According to all the twitter folks, we have room for 8 UDFA's as the current roster stands.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The names you'll see in the next day or so will have "agreed to terms" which doesn't count against the roster. The reality is you'll see a name on the list who never actually signs, for whatever reason. There could be a medical issue that pops up. Over the next couple of weeks there will be a lot of changes to the bottom of the 90 man roster. There is also "tryout" camp, which is where we got Mayowa. Someone had to be cut for him to come on the 90.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
razgriz737":33oko4ij said:
Seahawk Sailor":33oko4ij said:
Hawkstorian":33oko4ij said:

True. Thought I saw somewhere we could only sign eight initially.
According to all the twitter folks, we have room for 8 UDFA's as the current roster stands.

Ah-ha. Duly noted.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Really liked Bailey when I watched him. New to the position and I thought we might take a shot at him in the 6th.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Both these names somewhat "confirmed" by Pete on the presser going on right now (John not so happy those names were put out there so quickly, haha).

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm sure Price's friendship with Wilson played a part with him signing here. Let Russ tutor him through minicamps and beginning of training camp before letting him go and try to catch on with another team.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Keith could be a longterm Practice Squad prospect for Seattle. He has a lot of work to do, but it's hard to completely forget his sophomore season where he was pretty magical. Surprised they signed him, but it makes more sense looking at it longterm.