UW reinstates QB Miles, WR Stringfellow is gone

Throwdown

Reaction score
I call that a loss for the UW team, Stringfellow was probably the better player out of the 2.

drrew

Reaction score
From a football standpoint, too bad, from a normal human being standpoint, I'd have thrown them both out of school.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":ajifiurp said:
I call that a loss for the UW team, Stringfellow was probably the better player out of the 2.
Yep, thats a big loss. I don't think Cyler was ever going to beat out Troy Williams, but Stringfellow can play on Sundays. Dang

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
They are both an embarrassment to the University. But I am all for giving young people second chances. When news of the bs they pulled came out I wanted them both gone.

Now I'm OK with allowing Miles to stay. Not a fan of him, and he's on double secret probation.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I for second chances but he will really have to prove he deserves to stay, I wouldn't be surprised if he transfer next year

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Stringfellow was the only one actually charged. So it makes sense there. Nobody is bigger than the team.

kearly

Reaction score
I remember when the story first broke and Miles was the only specific name mentioned in the initial report. Maybe it makes me a bad fan but I was very happy to hear that news, because watching some of those Miles games last year made me want to claw my eyes out when thinking about the possibility of him starting here for three years with that popgun arm.

My favorite returning player this year was Stringfellow. Karma is a bitch.

Oh well, we still have a few other good WRs, and if this whole episode results in the other QBs getting a fair shot at the starting job then that is a hell of a silver lining. But man, it didn't take a lot of imagination whatsoever to envision Stringfellow as a top 32 draft pick a couple years from now. Darn.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Stringfellow was the most talented returning offensive player. Not happy about the prospect of Miles starting, but if anyone can coax good QB play out of him, it is Chris Petersen. Kellen Moore had like a 180 QB rating with similar arm strength.

K.J. Carta-Samuels and Jake Browning are better QBs than anyone on the roster, so the future at least looks bright.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Gawd.........

Not only is Miles a craptastic QB, but he's also a poor businessmen. He should have taken the rap, let String go onto make millions, then have String rescue him from his pending job at the carwash.

But I am glad String is gone. We don't need imbeciles like him on the team no matter how good he is. But to put this in Hawk talk, this would be like the Hawks losing Harvin but keeping Pryor. In fact, Miles and Pryor are quite similar. Both with throwing motions that should have been sorted out before High school.

We still have some great WRs on the team and if we have the right guy at QB, I expect Kasen, in particular, to have a year that will see him go 3rd rd in next year's draft. No, he's not the whole package (yet) but he excels at things most WRs are not interested in. Blocking in particular. I'd love to have him on the Hawks (surprise!). Go Dawgs!

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":31h6wpxq said:
My favorite returning player this year was Stringfellow. Karma is a bitch..

So this is your fault, Kearly? What did you do? ; )

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":1fa75qgb said:
I took schaudenfreud in Miles misery.

Woooooosh, right over my head, sir.

Who do you think ultimately wins the 1 spot, Kearly?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2838m3ml said:
K.J. Carta-Samuels and Jake Browning are better QBs than anyone on the roster, so the future at least looks bright.

Well they have the benefit of spring practices. They won't get back together now until August. So Miles has a lot of catching up to do in a short period of time.

Hopefully this will work against him.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3oac1ntz said:
.J. Carta-Samuels and Jake Browning are better QBs than anyone on the roster, so the future at least looks bright.
Ummmm... :229031_confused2:

How on earth did you come to that conclusion? Troy Williams was an elite QB prospect and will be the best on the roster until Skinny Eason (fingers crossed)

MLOhawks

Reaction score
String wasn't kicked off the team, he opted to transfer for a fresh start. Which does suck, because he was going to have a monster year.