Most under the radar Pac-12 player

kearly

Reaction score
That doesn't play for your team?

I'm a Husky fan. My pick goes to Storm Woods. Every time I watch him I am impressed. He's not really a star, but just a really nice player. Kind of reminds me of Montee Ball with more receiving ability.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit shocked if Woods was a starting RB in the NFL some day.

[youtube]cXJu3VkGARw[/youtube]

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3jqnvgh4 said:
Sean mannion. I think he could have a Carson Palmer type career.

Mannion reminds me of Eli Manning a bit. When he's good he's really good. When he's bad he's extremely bad. Career TD/INT of 68/45 (which is not a good ratio, though obviously it was vastly improved in 2013 due to him throwing a bazillion TDs). Throws for a ton of yards.

cover-2

Reaction score
A under the radar guy that stood out to me last year was Stanford WR Devon Cajuste. Cajuste is 6-4 228 lbs and he has good speed for his size.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9741247

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9816796

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9850031

Cajuste also has a good vert.
[youtube]xA6qmEXZvz8[/youtube]

ThidHN608017852963817473w300h300c0pid1

SRX_WSU_001_tt_6_t940.jpg

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Vince Mayle, WR WSU. Homer pick.

Non homer pick: I'll agree with Storm Woods.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Royce Freeman

Non homer pick would be Terron Ward, who is better than Storm Woods.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I don't know if he would be considered "under the radar," but Stanford's Andrus Peat is probably the best OT in the country. He's going to blow up at the combine. He looks a lot bigger than his listed weight and moves like a gazelle.

I like a lot of guys on that Oregon State offense. Sean Manion. Storm Woods. Connor Hamlett might be the best TE in the conference. Though he has some kind of foot injury that will force him to miss their opener, Isaac Seumalo will rival Hroniss Grasu for best center. Sean Harlow might be a Top 5 linemen in the conference. They're going to have to find some receivers and some guys to fill in on the offensive line.

USC's Su'a Cravens is probably the best safety in the conference, but it sounds like he may be moving to the Shaq Thompson role at SLB.

Smellyman

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1vkk19xg said:
Vince Mayle, WR WSU. Homer pick.

Non homer pick: I'll agree with Storm Woods.

I was going to start a new thread on Mayle, but will just piggy back here.

Mayle just made the top 10 for Biletnikoff award. I have no idea where scouts see him getting drafted, combine will tell a lot. However, If available late (unless his stock skyrockets) he is what the Hawks need. He is Lebron James man child like. In these videos he is 6'3 240, the workout videos he is slimmed down to 220 and that is what he played at this season. He is just a big strong fast man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELVbbH8r0-Q

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I really like Cals running back, Daniel LAsco. Doesn't put up great stats cuz cal throws so much but everytime I watch them he stands out to me.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I was going to say Mannion but I'll go with Eric Rowe, CB/S out of Utah. He actually had a pick six against the Cougs. Very fast/versatile defensive back with really good speed.

For whatever reason, I've also always liked Taylor Kelly from ASU.. though I don't think he'll ever pan out in the NFL with his arm strength.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I also like S/CB Eric Rowe of Utah and see him as a possible 4th round pick for the Seahawks (sounds like we may end up with multiple 4-th round picks this year), he would seem to fit into the Seahawks mold for DB's and could be a little under the radar at this time even though he is a playmaker.

Not getting much love around here is DE-Nate Orchard, 6-3.5/255, he is looking like a possible 2nd round pick and it should be noted that he is now tied after 10 games with the UW's DE-Kikaha with 16.5 sacks for the season. (His 4 sack game against UCLA was super). He has 5 multi-sack games this season & 19-TFL (in 10 games). He is slightly bigger than Chris Clemmons was when he came into the league in 2003. Foot speed for Orchard is my only concern, the combine should shed some light in that regard.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Not exactly under the radar, but I am awed by the play of Scoobey Wright. Averaging better than a sack, 2 TFL and 10 tackles per game...as a sophomore? Crazy numbers. Plays with the intensity and nose for the ball reminiscent of U-Dub Natty winner Dave Hoffmann.