Petersen ready for first fall camp with Huskies

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I hope Pete makes the right choice here. :pray:

Chris Petersen can't wait to see quarterback Cyler Miles take his first snaps when Washington begins fall camp.

Even if Miles is only going to be a spectator when the Huskies opens their season Aug. 30 at Hawaii.

"I'm anxious to get him back in the mix and see what he can do. He's like a freshman," Petersen said on Sunday on the eve of his first fall camp at Washington. "I'm always so anxious to get the freshmen out there. You've recruited them, you've seen them but you don't know until you go out there and watch them run around. You're really excited about some and some you're like, 'I thought he would be a little further along.' It's always such an interesting process and for Cyler I feel the same way because he just wasn't with us. I'm anxious to get him out there and see what he does."

Because of his success with quarterbacks in his eight seasons at Boise State, quarterback will always be a position associated with Petersen. And it's the biggest question for Washington when they begin camp on Monday.

It seemed straightforward when Petersen left Boise State and replaced Steve Sarkisian with the Huskies. Miles was the presumptive replacement for Keith Price, who finished his career as one of the top passers in Washington history. Miles appeared in eight games with one start last season and threw for 418 yards and four touchdowns and ran for another 200 yards.

"I'm anxious to see what that is going to look like. I know those guys made progress throughout the spring," Petersen said. "I think the number one thing is just consistency. Consistency with accuracy, consistency with decision making and if those two things have improved, whoever that is, is going to have a leg up on the other one."

Petersen also made clear that any assumption Miles will take over as the starter in Week 2 against Eastern Washington is just a preconceived guess.

"That's an assumption from you guys," he said. "You know better than I do. You've seen him a lot more than I have. That's something we'll deal with down the road."

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Petersen ... 55611.html