Where are your draft crushes now?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I noticed that the Bears had signed a guy who I quite liked who was always going to be a 3rd day pick / UDFA. Kofi Hughes, he seems to have been all over the place and look PS fodder at best so far.

Robert Herron went to the Bucs in the 6th round.

Connor Shaw is an interesting one at Cleveland, he looks frankly better than Manziel and Hoyer. I'd love for him to get cut and make it to our PS somehow.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I wonder how Joel Bitonio is doing in Cleveland. That's the guy I wanted most.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1k7fq9sx said:
I wonder how Joel Bitonio is doing in Cleveland. That's the guy I wanted most.

According to the Browns season preview article, Bitonio is looking good Shadowhawk
He doesn't get the Internet clicks, but second-round guard Joel Bitonio has impressed coaches all summer with his raw power and footwork. An immediate plug-and-play starter, the former Nevada product shores up a burning weakness on the line and looks like a home run pick by Farmer. Cleveland's left-side trio of Joe Thomas, Bitonio and center Alex Mack is on par with any unit in the AFC.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... r-first-up

huskylawyer

Reaction score
I had Bridgewater as the top QB, and it wasn't even close. I had Bortles and Manziel pegged as the QB busts. Bortles has surprised me, and Manziel has confirmed everything I said.

I really like Shazier, and word out of Pitt is he is the real deal.

I think ASJ was the best TE coming out, and I still think that. Ebron has looked serviceable, but Amaro is struggling. Have heard nothing but good things about ASJ down in Tampa.

I think Sankey will do well in Tenn.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Thanks, HawksSoc! Glad to hear he is doing well. Wish he was doing well HERE, but these things happen.

kearly

Reaction score
I liked Bitonio as a 2nd round left guard, and it seems Cleveland saw it the same way. Also on Cleveland's roster are Armonty Bryant and Connor Shaw. Both have looked very impressive, both were late round players I wanted badly for Seattle.

Ryan Swope and Jahvid Best were prospects I loved that never got to have much if any of a career thanks to concussions. Jared Abbrederis is on IR. :(

BJ Daniels is still a Seahawk for the time being. So is Christine Michael.

John Simon has been a pretty good, if quiet, LB for the Ravens.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":2otv1ym7 said:
I liked Bitonio as a 2nd round left guard, and it seems Cleveland saw it the same way. Also on Cleveland's roster are Armonty Bryant and Connor Shaw. Both have looked very impressive, both were late round players I wanted badly for Seattle.

Ryan Swope and Jahvid Best were prospects I loved that never got to have much if any of a career thanks to concussions. Jared Abbrederis is on IR. :(

BJ Daniels is still a Seahawk for the time being. So is Christine Michael.

John Simon has been a pretty good, if quiet, LB for the Ravens.

What happened to that Russell Wilson fella you were on about?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Isaiah Crowell is fighting for playing time and a roster spot on the Browns.

Paul Richardson is a Hawk.

Jordan Lynch is showing some real competitive edge and power as a running back for the Bears. Still a long shot for the roster, but he's putting on a show.

Shazier is getting rave reviews, while I'm not sure about CJ Mosley. Haven't heard anything yet.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Jordan Matthews and Brandin Cooks have looked great. Marqise Lee has not had the same impact so far, though he did score a short TD in his second game.

RT Cameron Fleming played awesome in the Patriots' second preseason game (+1.3 overall grade by PFF), particularly as a run blocker. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif has moved to left guard and seems to be improving his technique. David Yankey, also at left guard, looked strong to me in the first half. Seantrel Henderson has looked really excellent at LT. Another perceived "head case" who could turn into a draft day steal?

Ryan Shazier has played like one of the best defenders on the field . . . very explosive. Devon Kennard is also looking like a steal.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1hupw09b said:
Shazier for DROY?

Gonna be hard to beat out Clowney. I'm not sure Clowney is the best defensive rookie, but since Watt is such an animal and demands double teams at all times, Clowney is gonna get some great opportunities.

kearly

Reaction score
Two more I just remembered.

In 2013 I wanted David Bakhtiari pretty badly for the Hawks in the mid rounds. He went to the Packers and has been a quality LT for them since day one. Also from that draft a late round player I wanted badly for Seattle was Micah Hyde. He also went to GB and has been a real bright spot for them.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Taliaferro was a RB option I liked last year. He's doing well for Baltimore.

I liked Bitonio. He's succeeding at Cleveland and should be a day 1 starter.

Matthews was a guy I banged the drum for. Thus far, he has impressed in Philly. He should be more than just a guy.

CJ Fiedorowicz looks like he'll contribute at TE for the Texans. He should get about the same snap count that Willson got here in Seattle.

Justin Ellis was a guy I loved. He's been injured and having weight issues. Non factor in Oakland.

Dontae Johnson was a guy I wanted as a Hawk. He is going to make the 53 for the Niners.

Zach Fulton was a late round OG prospect I highly regarded for Seattle. He is going to be a day one starter for KC.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Last year I loved Jayson Dimanche and Armonty Bryant.

Dimanche led the Bengals in special teams tackles.
Bryant is kicking ass for the Browns. Wrecked Bradford too, poor guy.

This year is was Billy Turner. He has turf toe, not been heard of much.