Chris Warren Jr.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ex-Seahawk Chris Warren has a son who's a 4 star RB down in Texas. Most experts seem to think he's going to go to University of Texas, but he just named a top 6 which included both Oregon and WAshington (along with Stanford, Texas Tech, Texas and Iowa). His daddy was one of my favorites. Would be cool to see his son in the Pac 12.

Sophomore highlights. Couldnt find any junior highlights for some reason.

[youtube]XnZk4K1ZA88[/youtube]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He runs like his daddy too (Good thing). Chris Warren was a bright spot on some bad offense Seahawk teams. Hope he chooses UW.

chris98251

Reaction score
I liked Warren, hope he runs with more lean than his dad and uses his pads for leverage to finish runs.

kearly

Reaction score
Doesn't look as athletic or as quick as his dad. Looks big though.

McGruff

Reaction score
Runs really high. 6-2 is tough for a RB. Steven Jackson is 6-2, but its pretty rare for a tall RB to be able to run with the kind of lean and leverage needed for the position. Junior there looks very upright. Also don't see him take a hit, which I'd want to see before projecting him.

Not a lot of wiggle, but a ton of burst. Reminds me a bit of Eric Dickerson in terms of burst and stride length.

GCrow

Reaction score
Update on this guy for any Husky fans that may be interested. He's taking official visits to Washington, Ok State and Texas Tech (and has already taken one to Texas) however sounds like it's a race between Texas and Washington.

Guy seemed to dominate the Army All-American practices last week, looks to be a stud. I'm confident the Longhorns can pull this one off as I believe Charlie Strong has been recruiting him personally - and I think I read some on the staff feel he's the best prospect in Texas - however nothing really surprises me with high school kids.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I actually think UW is in pretty darn good shape with him.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
looks like he runs super upright.... and the highlights are just him running straight ahead with nobody touching him....not impressed.

Too big for a RB.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3dmwob95 said:
looks like he runs super upright.... and the highlights are just him running straight ahead with nobody touching him....not impressed.

Too big for a RB.

He's the same size and runs exactly like his dad, who was a pretty darn good rb.

80% of the "experts" on 247 say he's going to Texas. Only 2 of the 35 predictions are for UW and that was from Ruth who's bat shit crazy and predicts everyone is going to UW and her sidekick Lars.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":bhu44grg said:
ImTheScientist":bhu44grg said:

Too big for a RB.

He's the same size and runs exactly like his dad, who was a pretty darn good rb.

80% of the "experts" on 247 say he's going to Texas. Only 2 of the 35 predictions are for UW and that was from Ruth who's bat shit crazy and predicts everyone is going to UW and her sidekick Lars.

I don't go to 247 very much because Ruth and Lars are their UW people...I rely on the guys from Scout and not necessarily the local people but more Biggins and Huffman. From everything I've read not he situation if Warren made his decision today, it'd be Texas. But also that UW is a not too distant 2nd place and the family really likes Petersen and the in-home will be make or break for UW

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1pzos59l said:
ImTheScientist":1pzos59l said:

Too big for a RB.

In my opinion he is too tall for a RB. Yes he is the same size as his dad. His dad was good, but overrated IMO.

shawnsim

Reaction score
McGruff":1oh81y2x said:
Runs really high. 6-2 is tough for a RB. Steven Jackson is 6-2, but its pretty rare for a tall RB to be able to run with the kind of lean and leverage needed for the position. Junior there looks very upright. Also don't see him take a hit, which I'd want to see before projecting him.

Not a lot of wiggle, but a ton of burst. Reminds me a bit of Eric Dickerson in terms of burst and stride length.

Actually that's how senior ran.

The media and fans always reffered to him as an upright running "glider" type of back.

GCrow

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":4v9mm6ql said:

Too big for a RB.
Just out of curiosity did you just watch his Sophmore highlights?

Cause if you saw his Senior year reel (Missed Junior year with ACL injury) he shows off a lot of shiftiness and - in my opinion - disproves the notion that he is too big for the RB position.

Seafan

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2atwn3zo said:

Too big for a RB.

Sherman Smith was a 6-5 QB for Ohio U and the Hawks turned him into a RB. Smith was Cam Newton in the 70s.

shawnsim

Reaction score
I am actually giddy about this. Back in the day when Chris Berman continually called us the Seahacks. Chris Warren was the only bright spot for us. He brought it and killed it.

I hope that Jr. Has the same drive.