Still can't get the PAC-12 network where I live

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The 3 cable companies where I live in Montana carry almost every single sports network you can imagine that will be broadcasting college football games. Hell, we even get the ACC, SEC, and BIG10 networks!..But the PAC-12 network? Nope...still won't carry it.

Guess I'll be missing a bunch of Husky games again for the 3rd year in a row. And I'm not the only one who's frustrated.There is a plethora of UW, Oregon, WSU, Colorado, and Utah fans in Montana. Adding to the frustration is the fact that all the sports bars carry DirectTV for Sunday Ticket and local cable for local games which also means no Pac-12 Network.

Can anyone explain why the cable companies have no issues carrying all these other obscure college sports networks but cannot seem to find a way to carry the Pac-12 network? What is so different about the PAC-12 network that is has to be such a rare commodity?

:thirishdrinkers:

MLOhawks

Reaction score
A lot of people in WA State can't get it either (me included). Charter for example still does not carry it.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":it6hrmgv said:
KitsapGuy":it6hrmgv said:
Good article and the SEC Network is now on Direc (I'm watching Tennessee v. Utah St. on it as I type this). Screw Scott. He's an idiot and he's hurting Conference members as the article points out.

Hmmmm. It's not listed here in the Seattle area. :?

I don't think the SEC and PAC12 or the same.

Yep, it's not the same.

We're sorry, Pac-12 Networks is currently unavailable in your area with DIRECTV

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2ufyfh23 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2ufyfh23 said:
KitsapGuy":2ufyfh23 said:
Good article and the SEC Network is now on Direc (I'm watching Tennessee v. Utah St. on it as I type this). Screw Scott. He's an idiot and he's hurting Conference members as the article points out.

Hmmmm. It's not listed here in the Seattle area. :?

I don't think the SEC and PAC12 or the same.

Yep, it's not the same.

We're sorry, Pac-12 Networks is currently unavailable in your area with DIRECTV
Pac-12 Network not down here in Portland/Vancouver on Direc either yet we can get the SEC Network. Again, screw you Larry Scott.

Chapow

Reaction score
MLOhawks":3jtxa0uh said:
A lot of people in WA State can't get it either (me included). Charter for example still does not carry it.

You can't get it or you're not willing to switch to a service provider that carries it?

I have Directv so I don't get it, but I could always switch to Crapcast or Dish if it was that important to me.

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Either I get DirectTV so I can watch all the NFL games (I live out of the coverage area for Seattle, so it's necessary to see every game), or I can get dish network (which I hear sucks) and watch all the Huskies games.

Networks oughta just stream their broadcasts...seems like it would be their best interest to do so (reach a much larger audience).

CPHawk

Reaction score
How's it Scott's fault that DTV and charter won't pay the same as dish and comcast?

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
CPHawk":3quqab24 said:
How's it Scott's fault that DTV and charter won't pay the same as dish and comcast?

It's not. Anyone who thinks that generally has no clue what they are talking about.

Besides that, it's only a matter of time before Sunday Ticket is no longer a DirecTV exclusive. Those walls are already crumbling, and the NFL knows how much revenue they are missing out on with the exclusivity contract.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2775115u said:
CPHawk":2775115u said:

It's not. Anyone who thinks that generally has no clue what they are talking about.

Besides that, it's only a matter of time before Sunday Ticket is no longer a DirecTV exclusive. Those walls are already crumbling, and the NFL knows how much revenue they are missing out on with the exclusivity contract.
Well, the fact the NFL is about to sign a new multi-year contract with DirecTV says differently.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jour ... ce=Twitter

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2lftetk4 said:
Seahawks1983":2lftetk4 said:
CPHawk":2lftetk4 said:

Well, the fact the NFL is about to sign a new multi-year contract with DirecTV says differently.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jour ... ce=Twitter

Well, that is disappointing.

Largent80

Reaction score
Not quite sure of why they are making it so expensive and elusive. My mom loves USC and wants all their games but DirecTv wants $34 a month for the Pac12 network alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts