Michigan State v. Oregon prediction

taco40

Reaction score
Sparky is miffed because of the betting line showing them 13 point underdogs. He comes out with a chip on his shoulder and plays with his hair on fire. After which the Ducks will courteously usher him to the ground and extinguish his flaming locks with a Nike towel soaked in Duck-ade. Sparky will leave with a slightly scorched look, which will be healed in time to beat up on Purdue in week 6. The moral victory will be only a 12 point loss.

Michigan State 24
Oregon 36

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Oregon's undersized defensive line is very well in trouble of a Arizona/Stanford repeat where MSU just runs over them for 3 and 4 yards again and again. Now, I don't think MSU's defense is half as good as they were last year, but they'll still be a formidable match.

If this wasn't at Autzen, I'd predict a loss. As it is, if you're a betting man, take the points.

UO 27 MSU 17

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3qrkshsj said:
Oregon's undersized defensive line is very well in trouble of a Arizona/Stanford repeat where MSU just runs over them for 3 and 4 yards again and again. Now, I don't think MSU's defense is half as good as they were last year, but they'll still be a formidable match.

If this wasn't at Autzen, I'd predict a loss. As it is, if you're a betting man, take the points.

UO 27 MSU 17

How big does the DL need to be before it is no longer undersized?

Starters in the 3-4
DE Arik Armstead 6'8 297, NG Alex Balducci 6'5 310, DE DeForrest Buckner 6'7 295

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CPHawk":2538xtem said:
Sarlacc83":2538xtem said:

UO 27 MSU 17

Starters in the 3-4
DE Arik Armstead 6'8 297, NG Alex Balducci 6'5 310, DE DeForrest Buckner 6'7 295

I guess that's fair. I should have been smarter; I think they have poor anchors and instead I went for a generic term when I knew better.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2gsmc6ix said:
CPHawk":2gsmc6ix said:
Sarlacc83":2gsmc6ix said:

UO 27 MSU 17

Starters in the 3-4

I guess that's fair. I should have been smarter; I think they have poor anchors and instead I went for a generic term when I knew better.

It's not you, it's something he media says daily. Very similar to talking heads saying Wilson is a game manger and not a great Qb, they don't do their homework.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I expect the zeros to win but am hoping for a Michigan State victory.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
D steps up big. I am shocked that MSU is attacking Oregon's strength, but I will take it. Now to convert some points.

And they finally call the late hit. Was an obvious one earlier they didn't flag when the runner was clearly down, for a couple seconds, and then the defender barreled into him.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3j4b0rv8 said:
Best Oregon offense ever overcomes any defensive short comings. Ducks win 49-28.

You don't really think that do you? Kelly is the best offensive coach in all of football, and even though they may now have better athletes/recruits, Helfrich just isn't in his class....and I hated Chip Kelly, but he knows what he's doing.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I'm not a big Helfrich fan at all, but Scott Frost does a real good job of layering his play calls over all four quarters. Couple of great calls to set up and then score these last two touchdowns.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":up9h708v said:
JSeahawks":up9h708v said:
Best Oregon offense ever overcomes any defensive short comings. Ducks win 49-28.

You don't really think that do you? Kelly is the best offensive coach in all of football, and even though they may now have better athletes/recruits, Helfrich just isn't in his class....and I hated Chip Kelly, but he knows what he's doing.

I do think its our most talented offense. We'll see if it ends up being our best or not.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":k1iirxaw said:
JSeahawks":k1iirxaw said:

Final score 46-27. I was pretty close.

It's not as good a win vs EWU but congrats.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Wow, I completely underestimated Oregon. Shades of last year, I guess. Huge win; will be very important come playoff selection time. Just gotta beat the Pac 12, and I don't know how to gauge teams like USC and Stanford just yet.

So, go MSU. Every win you have makes UO look all the better.

kearly

Reaction score
Very impressive comeback win by Oregon against a really good team. Now if they can just get by Stanford.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I thought Marcus really took the game over, and did the same stuff to sparty that Wilson does to so many NFL teams. The play of the game looked like A play Russ would pull out, almost sacked then he scrambles to the left. Now at this point he could have ran for the first down, but instead he sees the big true Fr RB, Royce Freeman, and and shuffle passes to him for a big 16 yard gain.

On D Ifo showed why so many have him as a top 20 pick, the kid made play after play, and none mor impressive than the Int he got.