USC @ Stanford

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It's the second-best team in the Pac 12 South vs. the second-best team in the Pac 12 North. Who ya got? I'm going with the trees.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Stanford has the 10-7 lead at halftime. It's nice to see two teams that know how to play competent defense.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Stanford is trying to snatch defeat from the hands of victory. They've been in FG range almost every drive but have only managed 10 points. The game is tied 10-10 after 3 quarters.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wooooo

Ugliest win in awhile, but I'll take it. 2-0 start and the schedule gets a lot softer from here.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
USC did not win that game . . . Stanford lost that game. All nine of their drives crossed the 30-yard-line but they continually shot themselves in the foot when they approached the red zone. Hogan was erratic as hell. The Pac-12 is god awful this year, except for Oregon.

At least Sarkisian's play calling was exposed.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
hawknation2014":6lhe8mtd said:
USC did not win that game . . . Stanford lost that game. All nine of their drives crossed the 30-yard-line but they continually shot themselves in the foot when they approached the red zone. Hogan was erratic as hell. The Pac-12 is god awful this year, except for Oregon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it did go down as a "W" on USC's schedule, right? Last time I checked that was a win. It wasn't the prettiest victory, but it was a victory.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1905x002 said:
hawknation2014":1905x002 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it did go down as a "W" on USC's schedule, right? Last time I checked that was a win. It wasn't the prettiest victory, but it was a victory.

Oh, there was a win/loss assigned from that game. The question is who was more responsible for it?

Stanford shot themselves in the foot more than I have ever seen before from one team in one game.

Largent80

Reaction score
Considering how USC was down about 25 players and the majority of the team are freshmen, they look like a good squad and lookout in the upcoming years.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":l7fanvog said:
Considering how USC was down about 25 players and the majority of the team are freshmen, they look like a good squad and lookout in the upcoming years.

Yep. The old USC loaded recruiting classes will resume very soon. Good thing the likes of Oregon and UCLA took advantage of USC's down period though.

Oh wait.

giphy.gif

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":uf17v171 said:
Largent80":uf17v171 said:

Yep. The old USC loaded recruiting classes will resume very soon. Good thing the likes of Oregon and UCLA took advantage of USC's down period though.

Oh wait.

giphy.gif

This made me laugh out loud.

Largent80

Reaction score
^ That was funny. That was a fun game to watch, especially being a USC fan. I don't care for the shooting in the foot excuse. Credit needs to be given to the other team. Mistakes happen, but it is all about timing.