Penn State's post-season ban lifted & scholarships restored

kearly

Reaction score
I never understood NCAA punishment anyway. Sandusky wasn't punished by the NCAA in any kind of meaningful sense. Firing Paterno, which was both a literal death sentence (statistically most elderly people die very shortly after retiring) and a figurative one to his legacy, should have been enough.

Meanwhile, coaches and players that had nothing to do with a scandal that happened 10+ years ago get hammered. Never made any sense to me.

Really, it's the same thing with all these "death sentence" type penalties from the NCAA. They often do nothing to punish the actual offenders, while hammering innocent bystanders. Warped justice.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
sc85sis":badr32p6 said:
salamander":badr32p6 said:
USC was so royally screwed by the NCAA.
QFT

As an alum, obviously it's difficult for me to be objective. However, given the severity of the issues involved, it's clear that USC's athletic program is judged much more harshly than other universities.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
kearly":1sop78zv said:
I never understood NCAA punishment anyway. Sandusky wasn't punished by the NCAA in any kind of meaningful sense. Firing Paterno, which was both a literal death sentence (statistically most elderly people die very shortly after retiring) and a figurative one to his legacy, should have been enough.

Meanwhile, coaches and players that had nothing to do with a scandal that happened 10+ years ago get hammered. Never made any sense to me.

Really, it's the same thing with all these "death sentence" type penalties from the NCAA. They often do nothing to punish the actual offenders, while hammering innocent bystanders. Warped justice.

Because we live in a time where people don't see the people behind the actions. Oh, somebody at USC did something wrong? Let's hold the entire program responsible, even though USC is just an abstract concept and that there are actual individuals at fault. It's like the Federal government fining Citigroup...who the hell is Citigroup? It's nobody. It's nothing. It doesn't physically exist.