2015 Draft Dates Set

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000404245/article/dates-set-for-2015-nfl-draft[/urltargetblank]

The 2015 NFL Draft will be held April 30-May 2, a league source told NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport Thursday morning.

The league is expected to announce the host city at its Fall League Meeting in New York next week. Los Angeles and Chicago are the two finalists after the decision was made to move the event from Radio City Music Hall in New York. NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt said in June he expected Chicago to be the host city next year. Initially, 12 cities showed interest in hosting the draft.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":8wnoc0h7 said:
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000404245/article/dates-set-for-2015-nfl-draft[/urltargetblank]

The 2015 NFL Draft will be held April 30-May 2, a league source told NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport Thursday morning.

The league is expected to announce the host city at its Fall League Meeting in New York next week. Los Angeles and Chicago are the two finalists after the decision was made to move the event from Radio City Music Hall in New York. NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt said in June he expected Chicago to be the host city next year. Initially, 12 cities showed interest in hosting the draft.

Nice...that extra 2 weeks of waiting was murder.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like they decided on Chicago. At least according to the Twitterverse

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/517787651089256448[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Well they have to move slowly to the west, the East will scream bloody Murder if the Draft Starts late and they can't get to bed for work in the morning.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I'm actually going to the Draft this year, then; it's just one Blue Line ride away.

(Just how do I acquire the free tickets?)

marko358

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":czlg79ca said:
I'm actually going to the Draft this year, then; it's just one Blue Line ride away.

I lived a block away from the California stop before moving to Seattle. Where are you near?

marko358

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":6digdve6 said:
Damen. 12 years and counting.
Oh man. I miss Sultan's Market over there. Impossible to find a comparable falafel in this town.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
There are better places than Sultan's. I haven't been there since one of their cashiers tried the "you gave me a $10 bill" scam when I'd given them a $20. They pulled that with two other friends of mine, too. That was about a decade ago.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2bu250n4 said:

My understanding is that it's first come, first serve. That pretty much rules out Thursday and Friday for me, since that means taking time off work. I'm thinking about trying Day 3, it would be fun, but I'm also not sure I want to miss the TV coverage. I'll be a game time decision.

pugs1

Reaction score
Seanhawk":8r7sye64 said:
Our Man in Chicago":8r7sye64 said:

My understanding is that it's first come, first serve. That pretty much rules out Thursday and Friday for me, since that means taking time off work. I'm thinking about trying Day 3, it would be fun, but I'm also not sure I want to miss the TV coverage. I'll be a game time decision.

When I went 10 years ago they had the TV coverage on a low power radio frequency that you could pickup in the building on your Walkman but hell who still has a Walkman. BTW you should have no problem with tickets on day three.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
pugs1":1xohe22k said:
Seanhawk":1xohe22k said:
Our Man in Chicago":1xohe22k said:

When I went 10 years ago they had the TV coverage on a low power radio frequency that you could pickup in the building on your Walkman but hell who still has a Walkman. BTW you should have no problem with tickets on day three.

i.e. Our Day.