Oregon vs. Arizona

Tical21

Reaction score
Not one hint of green or yellow. At least the football team takes a lot of pride in representing the university. Oregon football is it's own entity, distancing itself from any affiliation with the school it is supposed to represent. The Nike Ducks. Sad state of affairs.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Odd night to complain about the uniforms when they are wearing pink for breast cancer awareness.
Back to the actual game, Arizona is shooting themselves in the foot a bit. They were running the ball well on that last drive before the penalty.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Refereeing is once again awful.

Surprising defensive battle. Expected a low 40s score.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Arizona's offensive line is really moving people up front. Big size difference. Numbers wise, Oregon has been giving Arizona the run. Only four or five in the box most plays.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I hate watching Oregon play Arizona. It's almost always bad.

Also, Pellum has now decided to rush 4 but leave 1 linebacker in space.

Edit: the play design which led to the 4th sack was horrid. No one in the middle of the field. Stack routes running behind each other.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Arizona earned the win tonight. But they were sure helped by one of the dumbest penalties I have ever seen.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
seahawk2k":113d5t3r said:
Odd night to complain about the uniforms when they are wearing pink for breast cancer awareness.
Back to the actual game, Arizona is shooting themselves in the foot a bit. They were running the ball well on that last drive before the penalty.
I'm not buying that. If they wanted to support breast cancer, they could have worn yellow and green and pink. The breast cancer thing was just a convenient excuse for them to wear the ridiculous uniforms.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well that sucked. Offensive struggles are understandable with the multiple o'line injuries. But there's no reason the d should be that bad. Arizona rb's had some if the biggest holes I've ever seen to run through. Oregons linebacker play is horrendous.

sturg78

Reaction score
The middle draw on 3rd and 20 for a gain of 24 may have been the worst thing I've ever seen. Between that and the bow....oye

kearly

Reaction score
I really hate how bowing to your home fans on the field is grounds for a potentially game altering penalty. To me, calling that penalty was a disgrace to the game. All the hard work hundreds of people put in, and it basically gets decided by something as innocuous as that.

I'm not a Duck fan obviously, but that really bugged me. I wonder how many people in that stadium knew that bowing was a penalty before they called it? They should let the players have some minimal freedom when it comes to emotional expression. It's an emotional game. Sometimes I think these rules are decided by people that never played themselves.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
That was a BS penalty but I enjoyed the outcome.

Mariota is a special player and he will be an amazing Buffalo Bill.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
They both got bogus unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on 3rd down, so it all evened out.

As the Chip Kelly effect continues to wear off, Oregon will continue to slide into mediocrity until they get a good coach again.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
kearly":3313n1qx said:
I really hate how bowing to your home fans on the field is grounds for a potentially game altering penalty. To me, calling that penalty was a disgrace to the game. All the hard work hundreds of people put in, and it basically gets decided by something as innocuous as that.

I'm not a Duck fan obviously, but that really bugged me. I wonder how many people in that stadium knew that bowing was a penalty before they called it? They should let the players have some minimal freedom when it comes to emotional expression. It's an emotional game. Sometimes I think these rules are decided by people that never played themselves.

wait, is it actually in the rules that you cant bow?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tical21":394ssloy said:
seahawk2k":394ssloy said:
I'm not buying that. If they wanted to support breast cancer, they could have worn yellow and green and pink. The breast cancer thing was just a convenient excuse for them to wear the ridiculous uniforms.

A portion of each jersey sale supports breast cancer research. The Ducks have black alt jerseys already which works better with the pink than green-gold-pink.

This comment is flat out stupid.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1sg2olep said:
That was a BS penalty but I enjoyed the outcome.

Mariota is a special player and he will be an amazing Buffalo Bill.

Except Buffalo traded their 1st to Cleveland to move up for Watkins.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Tical21":21b2ercd said:
seahawk2k":21b2ercd said:

:34853_doh:

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":3vctqd7o said:

Couldn't agree more. These are kids and they're not getting paid (in theory). Let them celebrate the results of their efforts, as long as it's done with dignity and without disrespect for the opposition. Who was it a couple years back that lost a game because the scoring kid frikin' saluted the armed forces that were in attendance? And don't even get me started on the "excessive" Jake penalty vs. BYU a few years back. Sickening.

It's looking to me like the Raiders will end up winning the suck for the Duck lottery (gawd I wish this kid were a Dawg). So with Carr (whom despite his rookie struggles looks promising), Oakland is positioned to really right the ship (in theory). Someone is going to pay big for Mariota, despite the drama and egg-on-the-face the Griffin deal brought Washington. Mariota isn't Griffin and IMO worth 3 1sts to a team with an O-line and hurting for a QB. I think in that scenario, he will challenge our own RW in terms of impressive rookie year.

Like RW, but taller (lol) Mariota is humble and a student of the game and I anticipate him having the same success we are seeing with RW and Luck. I know some here disagree with that, but only time will tell...and of course, this all dependent on him surviving his Sr campaign at Oregon. If he were a lesser human, this would be a great time for him to pull a Clowney.