Washington @ Cal

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The entire College Gameday crew is picking the Huskies to upset the Bears. I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Looks like this is going to be one of those weird games, Huskies are getting the bounces of the ball right now.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm really impressed by the Huskies on both sides of the ball today. They're keeping Cal's high powered offense out of the endzone and they are moving the ball with both the run and pass.

kearly

Reaction score
That first DPI on UW might have been the right call on a technicality, but I still hated it. No grabbing, and the arm barring aspect was ambiguous at best. To me that's a no call. The second DPI was just a flat out phantom call and wiped out what would have been 3rd and forever for Cal. That call basically set up Cal's only TD. The crackback block on #82 (who had a great game) was also a horrible call and wiped out a sportscenter highlight by Ross. There was a low block later that was also miscalled.

Pretty much every questionable call went against UW in this game, and they still won by 24 points on the road.

Miles needed a game like this. It was nice to see his noodle arm only hurt him on a small number of throws for a change. On probably 85% of his throws his arm didn't look like a problem at all, and he had uncharacteristically great accuracy as well. I also really liked his decision making running the ball.

Kikaha is amazing, get that guy on the Hawks. Budda Baker just keeps having impressive games. Shaq Thompson continues to be a charged up version of Mason Foster. The defense was much better coached in this game, and in particular I love how the defensive line performed.

Is there a bigger playmaker in the PAC-12 than John Ross? He will probably end up drafted in the 2nd round, but dude has first round talent, IMO. He's 90% as talented as Harvin and without the injury worries.

Now Petersen just needs to learn to not have his offense snap the ball with 24 seconds left on the play clock when he's got a 24 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Atradees

Reaction score
I loved the D line this game. This team impressed me tonight. way to win in the Pac 12 congrats.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
razgriz737":34wxcdf7 said:
This is not what I expected at all. Shows how much I know.

I think the last few coaching regimes have left us to expect no improvement throughout the course of the season. I was really hoping Petersen would show that he can develop players as the season progresses, and we may have seen evidence of that today.