The unprotected streak

Reaction score
Listening to the game, with Washington get rolled again, and can't help, but think that Oregon just seems to play up for the Huskies, It's almost getting ridiculous that this streak has gone this long.
I know Oregon is the better team during this streak, but even bad or mediocre teams beat good teams, (and we have had some pretty good talent and decent teams during this streak.)

The cougars seem to play the ducks much tougher then us with a fraction of the talent. Mariotta has his best games against us recently, just this year as an example the Ducks defense has been horrible giving up over 400 a game, and of course they look like the Hawks defense tonight against the Dawgs. Oregon looks average against Arizona in their loss. They implode late last year and by a miracle beat the beavs, but Roll a much bether washington team earlier.
Don't get me wrong Oregon has been a much better program during this streak it seems that everything has gone their way during this streak to keep it rolling.

I guess in short it's damn hard to beat any team eleven in a row, you have to get some luck too , and Oregon has gotten that during this streak.

Thoughts about this? Oregon, and Dawg fans.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Oregon has been a very good to great team for the past dozen years. Washington has been terrible to average. I honestly don't see the streak ending any time soon.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
SeatownJay":9ykgxknw said:
Oregon has been a very good to great team for the past dozen years. Washington has been terrible to average. I honestly don't see the streak ending any time soon.

I agree, but it's almost a statistical anomaly to beat a team in your conference that many times in a row.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The ducks have won each game by at least 17 points. I'm not sure much luck factors into it.

You might also be underestimating how good the ducks have been. They have the best winning percentage in all of college football over the last decade. Also have the best winning percentage against too 25 opponents during that time span.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
JSeahawks said:
The ducks have won each game by at least 17 points. I'm not sure much luck factors into it.[/quo

Explain then how they can look pedestrian against the cougars, and some other teams during this period, that don't have washingtons talent.
I am not arguing that Oregon hasn't been the better team during this streak, or luck was the factor in them winning, just would like to catch Oregon in a bad game for once, and they have played more then one of them during this streak, thats where the luck has come in.
I have no doubt that the Dawgs would of beaten the ducks late last year, the way they were playing. Just seems to Oregons credit they play at the upper limit against washington, and save the rare bad games for other teams.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
JSeahawks":3efrvzqi said:
The ducks have won each game by at least 17 points. I'm not sure much luck factors into it.

You might also be underestimating how good the ducks have been. They have the best winning percentage in all of college football over the last decade. Also have the best winning percentage against too 25 opponents during that time span.

And why have teams that have been worse then washington, don't have an eleven game streak going against them.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
From 2004-2008, no one in the pac 12 was as bad as UW. When Oregon was vulnerable, UW was absolutely horrible. UW's slow resurgence has taken place during Oregon's greatest run ever.

But yes, Oregon seems to bring it pretty hard against UW.