Lou Holtz

pehawk

Reaction score
That mock Lou Holtz twitter account, that spells out his lisp, is the greatest thing ever though.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2j1kcz01 said:
I can never tell if Holtz and May like each other or just tolerate each other.

I think Holtz likes May, but I don't think the feeling is mutual.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Mark May has a palpable dislike for Notre Dame. Holtz certainly is a bumbling idiot, its stunning how he was such an excellent coach.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Holtz is obviously playing the shtick part as Mark May's foil for ESPN. If you actually think the guy is not highly intelligent & a great coach and motivator, you just don't get it, or you are younger than 25 years old.

Do some research and get beyond making fun of someone for a speech impediment.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that none of you will be as sharp, witty, and popular when you are his age, in fact, some of you won't live to be his age.

Do better.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
idahohawk":rkfb5ynx said:
Holtz is obviously playing the shtick part as Mark May's foil for ESPN. If you actually think the guy is not highly intelligent & a great coach and motivator, you just don't get it, or you are younger than 25 years old.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that none of you will be as sharp, witty, and popular when you are his age, in fact, some of you won't live to be his age.

Do better.

Hi Lou.

It's good to know you can operate 'the internet' at your age...

OP
OP
sc85sis

sc85sis

Reaction score
idahohawk":26vyc0pq said:

Do better.
I'm well over 25 and grew up less than an hour from South Bend, so I'm well aware of Holtz' abilities as a coach.

None of that applies to his inability as a broadcaster.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
idahohawk":1mp54avx said:

Do better.
Well said Brother.

idahohawk

Reaction score
I'd argue that if you are watching ESPN for your sports news, you problem is much deeper than Lou's "inabilities" as a broadcaster. ESPN is like the Walmart of sports information/broadcasting. Lots of noise and hype, low quality. And I'd argue that he's not a broadcaster, he's there for entertainment purposes and thus plays the part. He's probably making some pretty good coin doing so. I'm also guessing he forgot more about football than most of the talking (blabbering) heads that ESPN employs.

I wasn't defending his TV persona for ESPN. I was saying that it's weak sauce to make fun of someone for a speech impediment. That is all. Anyone who has heard him speak in other capacities or read his book wouldn't be so quick to belittle the guy.

I'm not trying to fan any flames here, I just think we need to try harder at times, especially on message boards. Some of the discussions here feel like Jr. High all over again.

sc85sis":rfhnk983 said:
idahohawk":rfhnk983 said:

Do better.
I'm well over 25 and grew up less than an hour from South Bend, so I'm well aware of Holtz' abilities as a coach.

None of that applies to his inability as a broadcaster.

idahohawk

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Now THAT is funny. :sarcasm_off:

theENGLISHseahawk":vhycmela said:
idahohawk":vhycmela said:

Do better.

Hi Lou.

It's good to know you can operate 'the internet' at your age...