Alvin'Bud' Dupree DE/OLB needs to be a Seahawk

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Alvin Dupree DE/OLB 6'4, 267 lbs

With Seattle's trouble finding the edge rushers for the future. Dupree seems taylor made for this defense IMO with his team first personality,high motor and work ethic. thats not even mentioning the skill set Dupree poseses becuase we all now after the Harvin set back it's just as much a people business in the NFL as it is football. Dupree has the explosion, snap anticipation, and the tenacity that all the good edge rushers have. I like Dupree's size/strength coming out of college better than Irvin's and i think Dupree is better equiped to handle himself at the LOS as a LEO or situational pass rusher. Dupree can rush standing up or out of a 3 pt stance. makes alot of tackles in pursuit if rush is stalled and punishes the ball carrier when he does get home. Could be perfect for the Cliff Avril role. So i think throw Dupree in with Michael Bennett and the LOB he'll buy right in for the next four years.

Attachments

• dup.jpg
    dup.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 876

cover-2

Reaction score
I'm on board with targeting a DE in either the 1st or 2nd round of the next draft. There are a number of intriguing mid-round DE prospects and Dupree is one of them.

Dupree was a player I liked last year as a flying under the radar prospect. But this year, the one game I watched of him, he was not a disruptive player. I don't see the explosiveness like that of Nebraska DE Randy Gregory or Missouri DE Shane Ray. For me I thought of Dupree as an unpolished version of Missouri DE Markus Golden.

I sounds like you have seen more of Dupree than me, so I will definitely have to put on a couple of Kentucky games to take another look at him.

Here is a highlight clip of Dupree...
[youtube]5XiCeViic5E[/youtube]

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I'm going on the assumption the top edge rushers are off the board by time the hawks pick in 15'. So I think they could get Dupree end of 2nd or 3rd round. Dupree is 267lbs now scouting report said he added weight last off season becuase he switched to DE from OLB so he has size that can help him not get man handled like so many other lighter faster players like Irvin or Schofield are having problems with now. I think Dupree has a thick enough build where he can anchor good enough against the run and be explosive enough to get to the passer in a rotational role his rookie year. I also like the fact Dupree is a senior in the SEC.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Dupree had a good day against #1 Mississippi state getting a sack n some QB hits. Dupree did most of his work standing up but held up good at the LOS. Dupree looks more like a OLB but could be a good LEO.