Chances Danny Shelton is Seattle's 1st pick

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I want Seattle to Beef up their Defensive and offensive lines in next years draft. I think everyone has watched the Cowboys success this year and i think the premium on O-lineman will be at a all time high next year. So I think you take the best D-lineman on the board and let Cable work his magic in the 3-5th rounds. Danny Shelton plays for Washington and he is a nose tackle both often overlooked so I think their is a fair shot Shelton slips into the later part of the first round within Seattle striking distance. Shelton is a beast in the trenches from what i've seen. Shelton hits locates the ball and sheds blockers violently somthing that Seattle always could use in the trenches especially with Mebane getting older. I think Seattle needs to beef up the middle with a young nasty DT for the future becuase after Mebane we got nothing.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
We keep hearing about Cables magic, but his magic seems to be failing.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Shelton is going to be a top 10 pick. I hope he's not our first pick.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2oz7jxcb said:
Shelton is going to be a top 10 pick. I hope he's not our first pick.

Shelton is a NT that plays for the Huskies no way he goes top 15 with the all the OT's, Pass rushers,WR's, and a few Qb's that have always been valued over a NT. I believe Shelton will get pushed to the lower half of the first round to where either Seattle can make a move to get him or hopefully just sit back pick him at the end of the first. One thing is for sure the Hawks need a young NT for the future to go against the Rams n Cowboys. Mebane is and always has been one of my favorite players but he got put on his back alot by Greg Robinson last sunday. Seattle has made older Vets work at DT but these young O-lines (Dallas,Greg Robinson) have been bringing the fight to our older DT's through a marathon of runs up the gut and our older players seem to fade. So I think Seattle needs to invest heavily in DT/DE and O-line.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":2r75ig86 said:
We keep hearing about Cables magic, but his magic seems to be failing.

God, aint that the truth. I hope Cable has minimal input on who we draft on the O line. Actually I hope he is not even coaching this team after this season but I doubt I will be that lucky.

kearly

Reaction score
Isn't Shelton at 340+ pounds right now? That's probably a bit too big for Seattle's scheme. Unless they think he's Red Bryant, but McDaniel is proving you don't have to be a mountain to be hard to move.

The UW player I cover the most, who also fits Seattle's D, is Kikaha. Very, very hard to poke holes in his game. A complete player, highly productive, and football field athletic. Doubt he'll erupt at the combine, but on the field he's been too much of an athlete for anyone to handle the last couple years. Kinda one of those guys that you wonder about, if the athleticism will translate enough for him to succeed at the NFL level. But he's got such a nice pass rush repertoire that I'd really like to see the Hawks roll the dice. Right now he's UW's version of Robert Quinn.

Kikaha had 13 sacks last year, and is currently on pace for a ridiculous 23 sack season in 2014. He's had at least one sack in all seven games so far this year. In every game he's looked unstoppable, and his numbers have actually gone up in Pac-12 play. It goes without saying, he currently leads the nation in sacks.

Should be interesting where he ends up. He's currently thought of as a 2nd round prospect because of low-end NFL measurables, but his tape says top 10 pick. In that sense, he's a bit like a DE version of Aaron Donald last year.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
One thing I like about Kikaha is how he improved every single year while at UW. I know that's probably what happens with most players, but a lot of UW players did not improve over time during Sark's tenure.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
kearly":1nrfby1d said:
Isn't Shelton at 340+ pounds right now? That's probably a bit too big for Seattle's scheme. Unless they think he's Red Bryant, but McDaniel is proving you don't have to be a mountain to be hard to move.

The UW player I cover the most, who also fits Seattle's D, is Kikaha. Very, very hard to poke holes in his game. A complete player, highly productive, and football field athletic. Doubt he'll erupt at the combine, but on the field he's been too much of an athlete for anyone to handle the last couple years. Kinda one of those guys that you wonder about, if the athleticism will translate enough for him to succeed at the NFL level. But he's got such a nice pass rush repertoire that I'd really like to see the Hawks roll the dice. Right now he's UW's version of Robert Quinn.

Kikaha had 13 sacks last year, and is currently on pace for a ridiculous 23 sack season in 2014. He's had at least one sack in all seven games so far this year. In every game he's looked unstoppable, and his numbers have actually gone up in Pac-12 play. It goes without saying, he currently leads the nation in sacks.

Should be interesting where he ends up. He's currently thought of as a 2nd round prospect because of low-end NFL measurables, but his tape says top 10 pick. In that sense, he's a bit like a DE version of Aaron Donald last year.

I agree I like Kikaha alot the only question i have on him is he does he have enough speed for his game to make the full to transition to the NFL but I like his physicality and his chances of success at the next level. after watching the way Greg Robinson was man handling our guys in the middle for most of last game was disturbing to watch. Felt like I was watching my uncle get beat up in front of me. I was shocked, stunned, and sad that it happend so I want an immovable object that keeps our LB's clean n clogs up the middle I think Danny Shelton can get it done unless their is a 3-tech worth taking. I would'nt be mad if Seattle took the Carolina approach when they doubled down and drafted two DT's or DT/DE in the first two rounds.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Shelton a bit overrated IMO. Good player but at that size you don't usually go in round one unless you're also a scary athlete. We'll see how Shelton works out at the combine -- I'd guess more R2/3.

Peters -- has to be some character concerns plus his play is kind of hit and miss.

Shaq Thompson will go very early IMO.

Kikaha -- great effort player but probably isn't going to test well. Still, production is through the roof. Some teams will buy in early on that alone. I like him but not sure where I'd be comfortable drafting him.

Tical21

Reaction score
We've heard of Shelton and think he makes sense. Not nearly enough of an oddball pick to be a fit for us.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Can we blackmail the Raiders or another cellar dweller to magically trade us a high first round choice for a single pick so we can draft Leonard Williams in the first round?

Yeah, didn't think so. Oh well.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Shelton would be a fantastic Mebane replacement, but I doubt finding a replacement for Mebane is high on the agenda.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
After seeing the defense sans Mebane, I'm starting to really like this idea if Shelton's available.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I want Seattle to draft Shelton so bad right now. Given we'll probably be drafting in the mid teens we may actually have a shot at him, too.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Shelton moves so well, and is actually a very adept pass rusher, that I think he could succeed at the three technique in this scheme.

Imagine having both Shelton and Mebane dominating inside together?

I can dream. :179417: