Preston Smith DE/DT Mississippi ST.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I was watching the kentucky vs Miss ST. to watch Alvin Dupree who is doing a good job getting to the passer also. The player i did'nt tune in to watch was # 91 Preston Smith for mississippi st. he is lined up at DT in passing situations and at RDE in others. Smith is 6'5 270 so he has good measurables much like Michael Bennett/Jason Jones. Smith caught my attention by the tenacity/violent way he used his swim move and knifed through the gap between either center n guard or guard n tackle. Each time he was able to do a good Michael Bennett impression by causing disruption in the backfield. He's a Senior in the SEC who is projected for the middle rounds in next years draft. On what little i've seen ( first game seeing him) I believe he would be a great investment for Seattle as another tweener DE/DT who can get cause disruption at the LOS and in the backfield.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Just did a little Youtube research and look up "Philm Room: Preston Smith Mississippi State" and it breaks down how good Smith could be in Seattle's rotation. I like Smith's potential at the next level and think this is just the kind of player Seattle needs.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Preston Smith is the first D-lineman in SEC history to be named Defensive lineman of the the week three consecutive weeks. No one is talking about him which is ok by me but he is a D-lineman the Seahawks can always use. I think i like him most is becuase Smith gets off blocks and i have not seen him give up ground at the LOS which Marsh, Schofield, and Irvin have problems with. Smith has all the right stats Smith has TFL,Sacks, batted passes, and even two blocked FG's. 6'5 270lbs and a non stop motor can do alot of good things for your defense.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I think Jason Jones is a good comp.
In that the Seahawks will have as many as 6 picks between the 4th, 5th & 6th rounds, players that fit that projected rank need to be researched carefully. I'm not sure that Preston Smith has the foot speed to be great at LEO, however, with his obvious hustle, and by adding a few pounds he could look a lot like Michael Bennett (and that's not a bad thing.)

DL-Preston Smith, Miss. St., Currently: 8-sacks, 12.5-TFL, 2-blkd kicks, 2-forced fumbles,
Currently ranked at 123-overall (projected rd.3/4) at cbssports.com. 2 areas of ?'s, one site has him at 6-4.5/270 and one at 6-6/270, both have his 40 time in the 4.9 area, even though he hustles, does he have enough foot speed?
http://www.cfbstats.com/
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingR ... -Smith.php