An early look at who might be among 2015's top 25 picks

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Thanks from someone who doesn't watch a bunch of college football. If by chance the Hawks went with Gordon (I know, very much an outside chance) please tell me he's not the typical plodder most Wisconsin RBs seem to be.

And I know you said it's not a mock, but no way Mariota goes to Oakland IMO. They'll trade it to someone like the Lambs that need a QB. Carr can play.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Great job, English. I hope the Seahawks seriously give Danny Shelton a look. I think at the minimum he could be a part of rotation to spell Mebane. He seems the ideal DT that is currently missing from the roster. This would upgrade the interior of the DL which is a weak point on the defense at this point. Dorial Green-Beckham, if he opts for the NFL, and Jaleen Strong may be the big receivers to target in the early rounds.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Quick question: The FSU kid, Goldman. I know this year is the first time he has really shown his talent, but do you think he enters the draft this year?

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":sctluvvy said:
Thanks from someone who doesn't watch a bunch of college football. If by chance the Hawks went with Gordon (I know, very much an outside chance) please tell me he's not the typical plodder most Wisconsin RBs seem to be.

And I know you said it's not a mock, but no way Mariota goes to Oakland IMO. They'll trade it to someone like the Lambs that need a QB. Carr can play.

I could see a trade like that. However, Mariota is exactly IMO what the Raiders need. A true defining talent to build around. Carr has looked decent so far but nowhere near good enough to warrant passing on Mariota for. I'd draft Mariota, and then start Carr in year one. Hope that he does well enough so you can trade the other guy. When you have nothing it's not a bad plan.

On Gordon -- he's a very fluid runner. Great acceleration and grace. I'm worried about him as a between the tackles type (doesn't often get that extra 2-3 yards on first contact) but he's a definite home run hitter.

I reckon the Seahawks will be smitten with Todd Gurley. As skeptical as I am about a RB in round one -- Gurley's worth it. Wow what a talent. Gordon is good but Gurley's on an all new level.

Scottemojo":sctluvvy said:
Quick question: The FSU kid, Goldman. I know this year is the first time he has really shown his talent, but do you think he enters the draft this year?

I do -- I think he will declare.

McGruff

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1lwvd6im said:
hawksfansinceday1":1lwvd6im said:

I could see a trade like that. However, Mariota is exactly IMO what the Raiders need. A true defining talent to build around. Carr has looked decent so far but nowhere near good enough to warrant passing on Mariota for. I'd draft Mariota, and then start Carr in year one. Hope that he does well enough so you can trade the other guy. When you have nothing it's not a bad plan.

On Gordon -- he's a very fluid runner. Great acceleration and grace. I'm worried about him as a between the tackles type (doesn't often get that extra 2-3 yards on first contact) but he's a definite home run hitter.

I reckon the Seahawks will be smitten with Todd Gurley. As skeptical as I am about a RB in round one -- Gurley's worth it. Wow what a talent. Gordon is good but Gurley's on an all new level.

Scottemojo":1lwvd6im said:

I do -- I think he will declare.

It's early and I've only seen a few games, but I like Gordon a lot more than Gurley. Gurley is very upright to me, and for a big back I see a lot of ankle tackles. Gordon is quick, decisive and a game breaker.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
McGruff":i1vk1yb3 said:
It's early and I've only seen a few games, but I like Gordon a lot more than Gurley. Gurley is very upright to me, and for a big back I see a lot of ankle tackles. Gordon is quick, decisive and a game breaker.

I humbly disagree.. and Gordon is performing against some pretty underwhelming competition.

To me.. Gurley is the best back to enter the NFL since Adrian Peterson. I think he's that special a talent. And I'm of the belief you can wait on RB.. but if Gurley is there, you take him and don't think twice.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":w079n8of said:
McGruff":w079n8of said:

I humbly disagree.. and Gordon is performing against some pretty underwhelming competition.

To me.. Gurley is the best back to enter the NFL since Adrian Peterson. I think he's that special a talent. And I'm of the belief you can wait on RB.. but if Gurley is there, you take him and don't think twice.

Not watched alot of Gurley, but Gordon is becoming my draft crush this year. I love his ability to squeeze through tight holes, I love his feet and his burst. That said, I find Gordon's lack of power concerning when I look at his fit for the Hawks, where it's not uncommon for DL to be in the backfield.