FLEX: Derrick Henry
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Chicago

Jamaal Williams
Jaylen Samuels
Mark Ingram
John Kelly
Gus Edwards

Should I start Jamaal Williams or Jaylen Samuels over Gurley? CJ Anderson is also available. Should I pick him up and drop Ingram. It’s a keeper league with anyone drafted after 3rd round. I plan on keeping Carson

Bryce84

Reaction score
Personally, I'd play Jaylen Samuels over Gurley (assuming he sits, and maybe even if he doesnt). With the reports coming out from LAR about who is going to start if Gurley doesn't play being all over the place, it's a situation to avoid imo. It's surprising that they're suggesting a guy that's been with the team 2 days would start over someone that's been there all year. As for Samuels, he will have tough sledding on the ground against NO's stout run D, but he's done very well as a pass catcher and the Saints are ranked 30th in DVOA vs passes to RBs, so if your league is PPR he's even more enticing.

Jamaal Williams is not a very talented runner but he does have a decent situation this week, as he should have the backfield mostly to himself. Surprisingly, NYJ are giving up the least fantasy points in the league to RBs over the last 5 weeks. GB OL has been better run blocking than pass blocking this year, but Rodgers does like to throw TDs and the Jets have given up the MOST fantasy points to WRs in the same 5 week span, which should cap Williams' upside.

Thats my take, anyway. Hope you make the best choice for your team and you take home your league's trophy!

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm starting Gurley if he plays, if he doesn't then Samuels makes the most sense to me. If your league had 4 more flex spots you be looking real good