How are your teams doing so far?

kearly

Reaction score
I've got two teams.

One is in a standard vanilla 10 man QB / 2RB / 3WR / TE league. This team is currently on its way to a 9-0 record, averaging 119.1 points scored per week. It's also the least scored against team in my league. My average margin of victory has been 34.4 points each week. I don't know what the odds are, but I feel pretty good about my chances for a perfect season, as my team has scored 112 points or more in six straight games.

The other is in a standard 12 man QB / 2RB / 2WR / TE / 2FLEX league. And this team is the evil twin of the first. It's dead last (as in worst luck) in points scored against, and it was a team that spent the #2 overall pick on Adrian Petersen. Then my next RB was Toby Gerhart. And the next RB after that was Joique Bell. To top it off, I drafted Alshon Jeffery over Antonio Brown, even though I took Brown over Jeffery in my first league.

This team is 3-5, but might be 4-5 if I hold on to win this week. If I win I'd be right there in the playoff picture somehow. This team is basically dead average in scoring (6th out of 12). The team has avoided a complete implosion thanks to this year being insanely good for waiver wire RBs and WRs. Players like Ronnie Hillman, Matt Asiatta, Jerrick McKinnon, Mohamed Sanu, Martavis Bryant, etc.

So anyway, those are my two. It's a good lesson as to why it's always a good idea to do at least two fantasy teams every year. Even if you get hosed in one of them, odds are you won't get hosed in two.

getnasty

Reaction score
I have 4 teams and there records are 6-2,5-3,5-3 and 4-4. I've had a horrible year as far WR's go, Garcon, Megatron and Patterson have killed me this year. Hoping Josh Gordon can save me come playoff time that if I can get there.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I always do great at WR, but I'll admit to whiffing on Patterson too. I guess Norv isn't always a boon in fantasy it turns out.

m0ng0

Reaction score
4-4
down by 33 with Manning, Beckham and Dwayne Allen going tonight.

My league is 14 deep, standard scoring 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, DEF, 1 Flex. With a roster size of 12. My current team is:

Eli Manning
Dez Bryant
AJ Green
Brandon Oliver
Tre Mason (did not start this week)
Odell Beckham
Martavius Bryant (whom I did not start this week)
Jonas Gray (dropped for Chris Johnson this morning)
Dwayne Allen
Baltimore D
Blair Walsh (dropped for Shane Graham)
Terrance Williams

Not been a good year :-(

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm 4-4 about to go to 4-5. I started Cordarelle Patterson yesterday hoping he was back. Unfortunately he lost a few balls in the sun. He sucks. I sat Sanu and started AJ.

I have an ok team, definitely a playoff contender, but not great.

Unless Hilton and Dwayne Allen have a huge games today, I'm screwed.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
7-1 about to go to 8-1. 8 game winning streak after a now avenged week 1 loss. Threw 172 points on that guy the 2nd time around because my wide receiver trio of Tate, Antonio Brown, and E. Sanders are killing it right now. Hopkins had 17 fill in points this week and I could drop Crabtree without feeling it.

And I drafted Luck so that's going OK.

The Peterson pick was painful but Alfred Morris and Mark Ingram have really filled in the gaps. And I picked up Denard Robinson somehow.

TE is killing me as I wait for Kyle Rudolph's return. I had Travis Kelce week 1 and dropped him. Pitta went on IR of course and could have drafted M. Bennett instead of Davonta Freeman if I had looked. Ah well.

So, really looking good going into the final weeks. Averaging 114 points a week and that will go up with another 130-140 point performance tonight against the #2 team in the league. If Luck goes off in the 2nd half tonight, it will be my 3rd 150+ point game this year. Had 1 win where I was 11th in the league in points at 79 that week. Other guy had 76.

m0ng0

Reaction score
weeee, I love garbage time, Manning and Beckham are killing it :D 5-4 for me ! Here is a question for you folks, Dwayne Allen is on a bye next week, do I drop one of my players for some stiff that might get me points or just play next week without a tight end? my roster is above. I thought about dropping Terrance Williams or one of my scrub running backs but I kinda need those scrubs and all.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
m0ng0":3mgo2lr0 said:
weeee, I love garbage time, Manning and Beckham are killing it :D 5-4 for me ! Here is a question for you folks, Dwayne Allen is on a bye next week, do I drop one of my players for some stiff that might get me points or just play next week without a tight end? my roster is above. I thought about dropping Terrance Williams or one of my scrub running backs but I kinda need those scrubs and all.

I would drop Oliver, he's on a bye and Mathews might be back week 11.

If you don't want to do that, TWill might have enough value in a trade for a RB upgrade.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I'm 5-4 in the two leagues I care about. One is a dynasty rebuild project I took over, only decent players on the roster were Luck, Hopkins and Gronk. Drafted Watkins, Adams and Latimer, picked up Sims, ASJ, Moncrief, JBrown. Traded Gronk for AJG because I didn't care about winning and AJG was injured. I've scrapped my way with RBs Bradshaw and Ivory. The Luck to Bradshaw connection has won me a few weeks. I won't win the league, but will probably make the playoffs and miss out on drafting Gurley or Gordon.

My other league I drafted AP and Stacy as my top 2 RBs. I had Gronk and traded him for depth after the AP debacle, I've made multiple trades, turning Bennett and TWill after they both had huge weeks into RW and Bush. Had Cam and Gordon on my bench and traded them for Tate and TRich. I Am now rostering 4 original players I drafted and am somehow in 6th place in the final playoff spot. I have 2 matchups against teams that won't make the playoffs, one that will and another that is in 7th right now. If I go 3-1 I'm in, if I go 2-2 and beat the 7th place team, I'm still probably in. Although I probably won't win the league, I have at least made it interesting after having a terrible draft and luck with AP.

Brithawk

Reaction score
My main league, 2nd highest points scored, highest points against by about 80. 4-5 and gonna miss the playoffs, it sucks balls.

Other 2 leagues I have a winning record.

Final league I've given up on, just get dicked each week, can't seem to score over 70

Bryce84

Reaction score
4-5 in my money league (all my leagues are 10 team, standard yahoo settings). Hit a rough patch these past two weeks, losing to a 142 point outburst from the lowest scoring team in the league in week 8, and had a major clunker in week 9 thanks in large part to Cam Newton (I own Benjamin and Olsen). I also lost in week 1 to the largest score my league has ever seen in its 4 year history of 143.8. So its safe to say I've been leading the league in points against all year. I still love my team and there's probably not another in my league I'd trade it for, so with the top two teams only being 6-3, I'm in no way out of it yet. Here's that roster for those interested:

QB - Russell Wilson
WR1 - Julio Jones
WR2 - Alshon Jeffery
WR3 - Kelvin Benjamin
RB1 - DeMarco Murray
RB2 - Lamar Miller
TE - Greg Olsen
K - Chandler Catanzaro
DEF - Ravens/Bills (their schedules mesh well)

Bench:
WR - Percy Harvin
WR - Mohamed Sanu
RB - Ivory
RB - Jeremy Hill
TE - Delanie Walker

My other 3 teams are public leagues and since those drafts are largely a joke due to autobidders, my teams are way more stacked and they're averaging 96 ppg (lost AP which sent me scrambling for a RB), 108 ppg and 119 ppg respectively.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
II'm in 2 14 team leagues. In 1 I'm 5-4 3rd in points scored thanks to randomly starting rapistburger the last 2 weeks over Ryan. I've made a few trades and now am looking at this starting roster

Rapist
Foster
Bush
Green
Brown
Olsen
Gordon/Lafell

My other team is pretty solid 7-2. 4 keeper league with some other .net folks.

Rodgers
Foster
Morris
S. Smith
T. Williams
Allen
Ellington

SeatownJay

Reaction score
After winning my league last year, with only one loss all season (in week one, no less), I am a lowly 2-7 this year. I have no running backs, and my second best WR, Calvin Johnson, has been injured and useless pretty much all season.