Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Trade offer

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. LANGUAGE RATING: PG
Trade offer
Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:05 pm
  • I have recently been offered Arian Foster and Josh Gordon for Demarco Murray and Deandre Hopkins

My roster after the trade would be as follows:

QB1 Matt Ryan
    QB2 russell wilson

RB1 Arian Foster
    RB2 Andre Ellington
    RB Frank Gore
    RB bishop Sankey
    RB Alfred Blue
    rb jerrick mckinnon

Wr1 D. Thomas
    Wr2 randall cobb
    Wr 3 josh gordon

Te jordan reed
    Te coby fleener

K Dan Bailey

D Rams

I was in 1st place in my league, but ive dropped 3 in a row and am looking for options, i am guaranteed to make the playoffs, so i am banking on Arian fosters soft schedule going forward and josh gordons potential

What do u guys think?
    arghawkfan
    NET Rookie

Re: Trade offer
Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:41 pm
  • I wouldn't trade a known commodity/fantasy MVP (Murray) for potential output (Foster, Gordon). I mean, if it was one or the other, would you ever start Foster over Murray? Gordon is a total crapshoot, too - a pig in a poke. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I'm not a big trade guy, though. What does your wavier wire looks like?

Anyone else?
    Seahawks fan since Topps 1985.
    Our Man in Chicago
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:43 pm
  • That's a good offer, but it's almost too lateral to be wise. Especially with the injury risk that Foster currently presents. I would pass.
    Super Bowl Champions XLVIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:58 pm
  • I think im pulling the trigger. First Murray cant do this all year, second Josh Gordon is the best WR in the league. He literally lead all WR last year and only played in 14 games and all 14 with a horrible QB. Safe play is standing pat but I like the upside of Gordon.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:15 pm
  • I wouldn't trade Murray, I keep players having a career season like Murray is having.
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:42 pm
  • I would stand pat as well. You're downgrading from Murray at RB no matter who you trade him for. Sure he's had a career of injuries, but every NFL player is an injury risk on every play, and Foster's extremely recent injury history is far more concerning. Gordon had a great year last year, but that doesn't make him a lock to blow up these last 6 games, Hopkins has proved to be a serviceable WR this year and gets the targets consistently enough to back it up.
    Bryce84
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:02 am
  • I guess my objective in this trade is to beef up my flex position. Foster is actually averaging more fantasy points per game than Murray because he scores more touchdowns, and even if he misses a game, I have his handcuff in Alfred Blue so I'm not not as scared of foster's injury risk.

Foster's remaining schedule is

Bengals
    Titans
    Jaguars
    Colts
    Ravens

Murrray also has nice matchups

Giants
    Eagles
    Bears
    Eagles
    Colts

Josh Gordon is the wildcard

If he comes back to form, he is far and away a WR1 that i am using as a flex, and I need an upgrade over Gore for that position.

If he falls on his face, I still have Gore or Sankey to use as a flex
    arghawkfan
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:00 pm
  • The fact that you have Blue is actually one of the reasons I'm against this. If Foster is out for an extended period of time, then you have 2 high volume running backs instead of just one.
    Super Bowl Champions XLVIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:26 pm
  • I maybe do this trade. I like Foster and I like Josh Brown. You have Blue that keeps you safe no matter what. Josh Brown has much higher upside than Hopkins and Foster, if healthy, can equal DM.

Honestly, I think you end up in the same place by doing this trade as where you started, so, if you think Foster will be healthy, do it.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:50 pm
  • arghawkfan wrote:I have recently been offered Arian Foster and Josh Gordon for Demarco Murray and Deandre Hopkins

My roster after the trade would be as follows:

QB1 Matt Ryan
    QB2 russell wilson

RB1 Arian Foster
    RB2 Andre Ellington
    RB Frank Gore
    RB bishop Sankey
    RB Alfred Blue
    rb jerrick mckinnon

Wr1 D. Thomas
    Wr2 randall cobb
    Wr 3 josh gordon

Te jordan reed
    Te coby fleener

K Dan Bailey

D Rams

I was in 1st place in my league, but ive dropped 3 in a row and am looking for options, i am guaranteed to make the playoffs, so i am banking on Arian fosters soft schedule going forward and josh gordons potential

What do u guys think?

I think that dude deserves a swift kick in the nuts for trying to be slick. I vote nay.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:53 pm
  • Either way. Foster I think has higher upside than Murray when he's healthy. WHEN HE'S HEALTHY is key there. Murray so far has consistency though. Only one game below double digits I think? Gordon has talent, but is not proven this season. I'm sure he'll do fine, but don't forget about Hawkins, and even Austin to a lesser extent. Cameron will be back too. Gordon is no longer the only option.
    ManBunts
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information