Trade offer

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I have recently been offered Arian Foster and Josh Gordon for Demarco Murray and Deandre Hopkins

My roster after the trade would be as follows:

QB1 Matt Ryan
QB2 russell wilson

RB1 Arian Foster
RB2 Andre Ellington
RB Frank Gore
RB bishop Sankey
RB Alfred Blue
rb jerrick mckinnon

Wr1 D. Thomas
Wr2 randall cobb
Wr 3 josh gordon

Te jordan reed
Te coby fleener

K Dan Bailey

D Rams

I was in 1st place in my league, but ive dropped 3 in a row and am looking for options, i am guaranteed to make the playoffs, so i am banking on Arian fosters soft schedule going forward and josh gordons potential

What do u guys think?

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade a known commodity/fantasy MVP (Murray) for potential output (Foster, Gordon). I mean, if it was one or the other, would you ever start Foster over Murray? Gordon is a total crapshoot, too - a pig in a poke. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I'm not a big trade guy, though. What does your wavier wire looks like?

Anyone else?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
That's a good offer, but it's almost too lateral to be wise. Especially with the injury risk that Foster currently presents. I would pass.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think im pulling the trigger. First Murray cant do this all year, second Josh Gordon is the best WR in the league. He literally lead all WR last year and only played in 14 games and all 14 with a horrible QB. Safe play is standing pat but I like the upside of Gordon.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Murray, I keep players having a career season like Murray is having.

Bryce84

Reaction score
I would stand pat as well. You're downgrading from Murray at RB no matter who you trade him for. Sure he's had a career of injuries, but every NFL player is an injury risk on every play, and Foster's extremely recent injury history is far more concerning. Gordon had a great year last year, but that doesn't make him a lock to blow up these last 6 games, Hopkins has proved to be a serviceable WR this year and gets the targets consistently enough to back it up.

OP
OP
A

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I guess my objective in this trade is to beef up my flex position. Foster is actually averaging more fantasy points per game than Murray because he scores more touchdowns, and even if he misses a game, I have his handcuff in Alfred Blue so I'm not not as scared of foster's injury risk.

Foster's remaining schedule is

Bengals
Titans
Jaguars
Colts
Ravens

Murrray also has nice matchups

Giants
Eagles
Bears
Eagles
Colts

Josh Gordon is the wildcard

If he comes back to form, he is far and away a WR1 that i am using as a flex, and I need an upgrade over Gore for that position.

If he falls on his face, I still have Gore or Sankey to use as a flex

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The fact that you have Blue is actually one of the reasons I'm against this. If Foster is out for an extended period of time, then you have 2 high volume running backs instead of just one.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I maybe do this trade. I like Foster and I like Josh Brown. You have Blue that keeps you safe no matter what. Josh Brown has much higher upside than Hopkins and Foster, if healthy, can equal DM.

Honestly, I think you end up in the same place by doing this trade as where you started, so, if you think Foster will be healthy, do it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
arghawkfan":3rn1r8a9 said:
I have recently been offered Arian Foster and Josh Gordon for Demarco Murray and Deandre Hopkins

My roster after the trade would be as follows:

QB1 Matt Ryan
QB2 russell wilson

RB1 Arian Foster
RB2 Andre Ellington
RB Frank Gore
RB bishop Sankey
RB Alfred Blue
rb jerrick mckinnon

Wr1 D. Thomas
Wr2 randall cobb
Wr 3 josh gordon

Te jordan reed
Te coby fleener

K Dan Bailey

D Rams

I was in 1st place in my league, but ive dropped 3 in a row and am looking for options, i am guaranteed to make the playoffs, so i am banking on Arian fosters soft schedule going forward and josh gordons potential

What do u guys think?

I think that dude deserves a swift kick in the nuts for trying to be slick. I vote nay.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Either way. Foster I think has higher upside than Murray when he's healthy. WHEN HE'S HEALTHY is key there. Murray so far has consistency though. Only one game below double digits I think? Gordon has talent, but is not proven this season. I'm sure he'll do fine, but don't forget about Hawkins, and even Austin to a lesser extent. Cameron will be back too. Gordon is no longer the only option.