Perk 2: Stopping power pro
Perk 3: Last Stand

Killstreak rewards:

4 Kills: Care Package
5 Kills: Predator Missile
8 Kills: Emergency Airdrop

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I don't really have one....I am still searching for a setup that feels right to me and is actually effective. But I do like the AUG.

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
I always try to have a good mix. I have a stealth class (M4bling w/silencer and red dot), silenced autoshotty, scrambler, stopping power...i have a similar assault class which is the M4 w/ noob toob & holoscope, stopping power, steady aim. right now im really having fun with my specops class, mp5K, Glock 18, Marathon, stopping power & commando. all i have to do is run around shanking people, and it dont work, then i shoot

Snohomie

Reaction score
I've been using the M4 since I got the game, and I've found the following to work for me:

M4
-Heartbeat
-Red Dot
(slowly breaking addiction to both of those. N00b crutches)

AA12
-Silencer (I only use shotty when I'm out of ammo with the M4, and at that point I'm usually hiding to unleash a killstreak)
-Red Dot

Semtex (get a lot of kills) and Flash
Bling + Stopping Power (M4 = weak gun) + Steady Aim IIRC

That setup has got me through a lot of levels I'm not familiar with. I'm slowly breaking away from it, but basically I just find people on heartbeat, throw a flash, shoot them, rinse/wash and repeat. Works great for long-range stuff too, I've found. I had a big time problem with aiming early on, and the M4 is a nice low-recoil gun.

Lately I've been using SCAR (Grenade and Red Dot) with the AA12 and a claymore. Another nice setup, especially if I find a building I like. I'm only level 33 or something like that, waiting for either the ACR or M16 - I don't like the 3 shot burst, but I sometimes pick up the M16 when I'm running out of ammo and just went on a 17-0 streak last night after grabbing someone's - I'm usually a 1:1 K/D ratio player, so 17-0 is pretty "wtf" for me.

And Akimbo P90s is just fun. Useful for courses like Rust or Highrise, where a lot of combat is close-quarters. Downside is that my long-range weapon is a freaking pistol. Not a setup I need constantly, but it can be fun.

Killstreak is always UAV + Predator + Harrier at this point. If I can get the UAV, I can start hunting guys and that usually works out fairly well.

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
im having a lot of fun with the hardline set up and the drop box, i got an ac-130 after killing 3 people yesterday and unleashed

OP
OP
12thManAdvantage

12thManAdvantage

Reaction score
@ Snohomie

I liked the heartbeat, but I was tending to look at that too much and not pay attention to what was going on around me.

I do like the red dot sight on all guns over the holographic though makes those longshot kills a lot easier

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
12thManAdvantage":2v6mmkvx said:
@ Snohomie

I liked the heartbeat, but I was tending to look at that too much and not pay attention to what was going on around me.

I do like the red dot sight on all guns over the holographic though makes those longshot kills a lot easier

agreed. the red dot gives a better FOV while aiming and its much less obstructive.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
My favorite kit by far would be:

M21 EBR sniper rifle with FMJ rounds
.44 Magnum with Tactical Knife attachment
Throwing Knife
Stun Grenades

Perks:
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro

Killstreaks:
Care Package
Sentry Gun
Harrier Strike

I love using the throwing knife. I rarely touch the sniper rifle, I use it primarily for the camouflage look; I think it looks funny running around quickly while being so "bulky" with all that crap on. Almost all of my kills are throwing knife or just knife. I've been using Fraps to record my gameplay recently to catch sweet throwing knife kills, when I have enough of them I was thinking of putting together a video to post on YouTube.

The throwing knife is hard to actually do well with; I'm typically middle-of-the-pack for score, (700-900 score, and I always play FFA which has a max of 1500) but it is immensely satisfying when you get a good (read: hard) throwing knife kill from a distance. Once in a while when I'm bored I'll bust out the last machine gun with all the damage perks and rack up a ton of kills to shake things up, but 95% of my time spent playing thus far (level 65, haven't gotten to 70 or prestige mode yet) has been running around knifing and using the throwing knife.

This game is very fun; but I'm very pissed at Infinity Ward for restricting the PC side. No dedicated servers or customization of any kind is retarded, and I'm glad I didn't give them any of my money for this game. (friend that works for Activision got me a free copy)

Snohomie

Reaction score
12thManAdvantage":1m2gi649 said:
@ Snohomie

I've gotten to the point where I'm so used to heartbeat I can time the "blips" without trying, so I only check right when guys show up. It hasn't hurt me much, but it does take away something like FMJ or Grenade launcher.

Level... 50 now? Currently I am using:

ACR + Grenade + RDS
Dual Rangers with FMJ
Claymores + Flash
Bling Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and Last Stand... Hardline is nice too, but the ACR is a little low-damage.

I have alternate setups, I also use a similar class except with the M16 (FMJ and RDS) and another M16 with Heartbeat and Grenades (Wasteland class). Riot Shield and M93 Rafika is very effective too, surprisingly. Then I have a Stinger + Scar that I pull up whenever someone calls in aircraft.
That ACR setup works pretty well for me, though I am used to the damage of the M16 (which is a surprisingly good gun if you put on stopping power). For some reason, the ACR works EXTREMELY well in Karachi, in the "big building" part of the level. Snipe a couple guys, wait for more to come after me... ACR takes out the guys coming up the stairs, rangers for anyone who comes through the window, and I have two good sniping perches that are defensible.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The complete and utter lack of recoil on the ACR is nice, I'm just glad it's pretty underpowered as far as actual damage goes. I'm level 20 on prestige 1, I miss my Ninja Pro badly :(