How did you do this year?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
After benching Luck for my week 17 (I know, I know) I wrapped up my fantasy championship thanks to Antonio Brown's 65 yard TD. I felt this was fair as I was the only person to get over 10 wins this year in my league.

How'd you do?

/thinly veiled brag.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I won the league at work. Semifinals, I was down by 10 points and had Shayne Graham and Jay Cutler to play and my opponent was done. I thought "easy win" right? Jay Cutler was in the negative all game and Shayne gave me a little more than 6 points. Jay Cutler threw a garbage time TD with 30 seconds left and I won .19 points. The finals I won relatively easy, even with, once again, no help from the QB position (Flacco)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Somehow snuck into the playoffs at 6-7. Lost in the semi-finals, won the 3rd place game against a girl. Yay me.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I got frustrated with my pay league rules and let it get in my head to the point I lost interest.

Allow me to whine for a moment.

In my pay league I had the highest scoring team with the best record. The commish of the league started 0-6 , then got a couple wins..and then started pushing a couple of the newer players for trades. They werent out and out scams, but they were bad deals and a couple of us objected but the league doesnt have anything in place for that, unlike most where there is a comment period. So..a couple dodgy trades later he has 4 players who would be 1st rounders.... and starts making his run.

But it shouldnt matter.. he finishes in 8th place in the 12 team league. BUT WAIT! last offseason when no one was looking he changed the playoffs to 8 teams out of 12...no BYE for the top 2 teams.

So..I dont get a bye and play him the first week. A couple of my players do worse than normal so I "only" had 110 points or so (I averaged 123 a week for the season).. with his ill begotten players he ends up with 119 points and I lose.

No out and out cheating but it left a really bad taste in my mouth... ALready told him I wont be in the league next year without major rule changes.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I finished with the worst record in the league during the regular season, then my team got hot and won the consolation bracket for the playoffs.

Dietrich

Reaction score
League 1: Won it

League 2: Lost in the finals to a team ran by an 8-year old. *sigh*

League 3: Tied in the Semi-finals but ESPN doesn't allow you to set a tie-breaker for the playoffs so the guy I tied ended up advancing and winning the finals because he had a higher seed than me. The whole league and I thought the tie-breaker was bench points, which would have meant a win for me. Needless to say, I'll be petitioning to switch away from ESPN for next year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Second place in league but most points by a decent margin. Cruised to finals where Peyton decided to only throw TDs to Sanders who was on opponents team while finishing the game horribly. Was winning by 2.5 points til he threw the final awful interception and lost by 0.5 points.

TY Hilton not playing, AJ Green getting injured and not having a catch, and Justin Forsett basically being rested didn't help either. Very salty. Didn't come away with any money cause we decided to have first place get everything.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Won both of my NFL.com leagues, including the 14-team league that I run with members from here. In the expert league I'm in I finished with the highest point total, went undefeated, and then lost in the championship to a team that weaseled their way into the playoffs with a 7-6 record. And in my old college buddy's league I finished with the highest point total but was only 9-4 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. The only real misses I had in the draft this year was Adrian Peterson and Giovani Bernard (both on that 9-4 team).

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I came in dead last in a league I forgot about and 7th in my 14 team league while scoring the 2nd highest points.

Disappointing year.

Vetamur

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1trgryhu said:
I came in dead last in a league I forgot about and 7th in my 14 team league while scoring the 2nd highest points.

Disappointing year.

2nd highest points but finishing middle of the pack must have been frustrating....

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The guy with the lowest point total was first place going into the playoffs.

You have no idea Vet.

OP
OP
Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2nh374lu said:
The guy with the lowest point total was first place going into the playoffs.

You have no idea Vet.

Did he buy lottery tickets and win millions, too? He should have. I can't even imagine.