PS4 People

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Raise your hand if you have a PS4. Anyone play Destiny or GTA V? Or even BF4 for that matter?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I have a PS4 and play none of those games. I tried destiny when it first came out, it got old super quick. Currently I'm waiting for Bloodborne and No Man's Sky.

OP
OP
TriCHawk

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Destiny is a grind, but it's fun for the most part. No Man's Sky I'm looking forward to.

OP
OP
TriCHawk

TriCHawk

Reaction score
The Order was the touted game for the PS4 last year, and now that it's out, I hear a lot about how short it is. That's put me off from buying it.

If you guys want to add me on PSN, my ID is: a7sonofa7thson

Mostly playing Destiny right now, with some GTA thrown in. But I'm down for BF4 or The Last of Us.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Game play is very tight. They did a great job, but it does feel like I'm tearing through it at breakneck speed. Hope for some good dlc.

TravTex

Reaction score
Finally got on board with the PS4 a month or so ago. I've been playing ... primarily NBA 2k15.

Shadow of Mordor is all sorts of fun. It's like Assassin's Creed + Batman gameplay, only murdering the hell out of a ton of orcs. Nemesis system is probably more engaging than the story.

Best SoM moment so far... My elder teen cheering me along as we both laughed ourselves tearful over the course of what had to be like a twenty minute fight with the Orc Warchief, 'Azdush'. With Orc pronunciation, this resulted in damn near a half hour of a whole village worth of orcs chanting, "Ass DOUCHE! Ass DOUCH!"

About halfway in, my wife came in to see why we were being so loud and obnoxious. "God, you guys are BOTH ass douches." <-- We're not the Bradys.

Kinda interested in Dragon Age Inquisition, too, but it hasn't done the best job of keeping my attention over the long haul... I like the character interaction, but the hiking around and meh gameplay doesn't engage for me.

Oh, another Orc name... 'Barfa'. Har. I kept killing Barfa, and he kept coming back... and he -really- sucked, so he'd 'die' almost immediately, then reappear with some new scar to die again.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
TravTex":1fgur9dj said:
Finally got on board with the PS4 a month or so ago. I've been playing ... primarily NBA 2k15.

Shadow of Mordor is all sorts of fun. It's like Assassin's Creed + Batman gameplay, only murdering the hell out of a ton of orcs. Nemesis system is probably more engaging than the story.

Best SoM moment so far... My elder teen cheering me along as we both laughed ourselves tearful over the course of what had to be like a twenty minute fight with the Orc Warchief, 'Azdush'. With Orc pronunciation, this resulted in damn near a half hour of a whole village worth of orcs chanting, "Ass DOUCHE! Ass DOUCH!"

About halfway in, my wife came in to see why we were being so loud and obnoxious. "God, you guys are BOTH ass douches." <-- We're not the Bradys.

Kinda interested in Dragon Age Inquisition, too, but it hasn't done the best job of keeping my attention over the long haul... I like the character interaction, but the hiking around and meh gameplay doesn't engage for me.

Oh, another Orc name... 'Barfa'. Har. I kept killing Barfa, and he kept coming back... and he -really- sucked, so he'd 'die' almost immediately, then reappear with some new scar to die again.

SoM was a blast, really liked that game. DAI, to me, was epic. This is mainly because I love games like that as they combine a killer story with some serious exploration. Another good one for the PS4 is Infamous Second Son, loved that game AND you got to play in Seattle. Dying Light is also a pretty good game and the side quest NPC's are what make it so much fun.

OP
OP
TriCHawk

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna have to get SoM. How open is the open world? It was on sale a couple of weeks ago. I should have gotten it then. Dammit.
I have Infamous, collected all of the trophies, except for the bad guy ones. As cool as it is that it takes place in Seattle (sort of), I thought the game was kind of boring. Graphics are great though. I should do the bad guy/hard-mode play through just to pick up the platinum.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Just ordered GTA V from Amazon; they had it on sale for $40 for PS4. Tend not to double-dip on games but the game is just too fun.

I bought SoM and D3 over Christmas. Been also playing some Madden and The Show to get my sports fix.