Seahawks Fantasy Preview

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Nice read...Rotoworld is my go-to for fantasy info.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/55308/59/seahawks-fantasy-preview

Passing Game Outlook

In chronological order, these are Russell Wilson's fantasy quarterback finishes since entering the NFL: 9, 8, 3. Wilson ranked third in scoring last season despite ranking 16th in passing TDs (20), hinting at lots of room for growth in that statistic, particularly with the addition of Jimmy Graham. (Wilson threw 26 touchdown passes in each of his first two seasons.) While Seattle has been and will very likely remain a run-first team, Wilson's pass attempts have trended upward annually, increasing from 393 as a rookie to 407 as a sophomore to 452 last year. Wilson's 2014 rushing numbers (118-849-6) may seem primed for regression, but Graham's double- and even triple-team-commanding presence in the red zone could lead to increased rushing-touchdown opportunities. Although I have Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers in a clear tier above, I'm not setting a ceiling on Wilson's 2015 fantasy production. I think he offers monster upside and am willing to draft him in rounds five and six, ahead of Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, and Drew Brees. For what it's worth, this will be 26-year-old Wilson's contract season.

Jermaine Kearse and Chris Matthews will compete for the Seahawks' "big receiver" job opposite Baldwin in two-wide sets. Kearse was right there with Riley Cooper as one of the worst starting wideouts in the NFL last season, consistently failing to separate from man coverage and ranking 98th among 110 qualified receivers in PFF's blocking charts. Still, Kearse is the favorite to keep the job over Matthews, a former CFL player who almost-literally came out of nowhere to post a 4-109-1 receiving line in the Super Bowl, despite playing only 17 snaps. Matthews made four appearances in the 2014 regular season, never playing more than eight downs on offense. With rookie Tyler Lockett and holdover Kevin Norwood also competing for playing time at No. 2 receiver, a committee approach is possible. This is a situation to avoid in fantasy football.

Running Game Outlook

Marshawn Lynch entered 2014 widely believed to be playing his final season in Seattle. Instead, he re-proved himself indispensable, scoring a career-high 17 touchdowns while spiking his per-touch efficiency stats across the board. Even as Seattle's passing game endured ups and downs, Lynch's intense, violent running kept the offense afloat. Watch his film: Lynch literally put the Seahawks on his back at several points in the season. Lynch is 29 years old, but there have been zero signs of slowdown. Although the addition of Jimmy Graham may cost Lynch a few TDs, it will also make the offense better. In a run-first system where Russell Wilson's dual threat manufactures running lanes, Lynch has piled up 310-plus touches in four straight years. I like his chances of handling 300 more this season and have Lynch ranked as a top-five fantasy back.