2015's Most Undervalued Fantasy Players

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Just a few off the top of my head:
Jordan Matthews- Maclin is gone, making the big bodied WR the #1 passing option in Coach Kelly's offense. I can't see a scenario where he doesn't post 70/1000/8. Currently going off the board in the 5th round.

Matt Forte- Currently coming off most boards at the start of the 2nd round. Cutler needs his security blanket. Bears O is taking a more balanced approach with Trestman gone, which means less receptions but will be aided with a few extra rush attempts.

Ben Roethlisberger- With the weapons at WR, LeVeon Bell (for 14 games) at RB, and an O Line that is functional, Big Ben can duplicate his numbers from last year. Coming off the board in the 7th in 12-team mocks.

Cam Newton- This is the lowest point he's ever been drafted. Always a threat to rack up points with his legs, he still has Benjamin and his binky (Greg Olsen). Being taken in rd. 7 of most mocks

Victor Cruz- He's not going to have the same kind of year he did in 2012, but if he can stay healthy he might be a good pick (going in the 8th) while OBJ draws the defense's attention.

Owen Daniels- He's got to be getting up there in age. He had that one good year, like, 7 years ago with the Texans. So why is he worth a look now? Old Man-ning's noodle arm. While I'm quite low on D. Thomas and Sanders this year, I think Daniels could be the beneficiary of Peyton's fading arm strength. Going undrafted in most mocks.

Philip Rivers, Matthew Stafford- Both are coming off the boards between rounds 13-undrafted.

Who else is undervalued?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Latavius Murray - He will finish as a RB2 this year and I think he has RB1 upside. Every year there is one or two RB's that surprise, and everything points towards Murray being that guy this year. He has no competition at the RB position. Only a handful of NFL RB's are 3-down backs who also see goal-line carries, and Murray is one of them.

Chris Ivory - Ivory as well has the potential to be a 3-down back who see's goal-line carries. The Jets offense is going to run A LOT. Even though the Jets got Ridley, I doubt he'll be ready for the season opener. I think Ivory settles in as a RB2. HIs ADP is completely undervalued and I don't know why, he is going anywhere from the 6th-8th round. I've always thought Ivory is the closest thing to Marshawn Lynch in the NFL.

LeGarrette Blount - Another RB who should settel in as a RB2 based on little to no competition in the NE backfield and how much they run the ball. He should finish with double digits TD's pretty easily. Even with the one-game suspension he is worth a look as a Flex.

Eli/Cam/Ryan/Romo/Stafford - All of these guys should finish as top 10 QB's this year and can be had beyond round 7.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Quarterbacks

Ryan Tannehill - Obviously if you're in position to land Rodgers or Luck, do it, but if you wish to wait for a QB.. I love Ryan Tannehill this year. He has more weapons this season than he has ever had in his career and it's his 2nd year in a pass happy offense

Tom Brady - Crazy to put him as undervalued, but if you pair Brady with a capable back-up (Tannehill, Palmer, Romo, Rivers) for 4 weeks.. you could have a steal here.

Teddy Bridgewater - I think Teddy will be a steady option at QB. Maybe not a 300 yard game guy, but steady 200 and 2 TD's every week which could win you games and allow you to stack up other positions

Sam Bradford - Major injury risk aside, if he stays healthy.. he will post some great numbers for fantasy. The Chip Kelly offense is perfect for him. But again.. health.

Running Backs
C.J. Anderson - Very undervalued back. Kubiak gets a lot of his running game, and I have a feeling Denver is going to try to run a much more balanced offense than they have in years prior to keep Peyton healthy for the home stretch. Anderson could be a Top 5 fantasy RB when it's all said and done

Mark Ingram - I think Ingram is a lock for 10 TD's and 1000+ yards this season. Awesome RB2 option. The Saints will not be nearly as pass happy as they've been in recent years. Ingram is far and away the best RB on the team, especially when you factor in CJ Spiller's injury woes

Latavius Murray - Basically agree with Hawk Lock on him. Another nice RB2 option/bench stash

Carlos Hyde - I know it's fun to hate the Niners, but someone has to get the rushing TD's. Worth the risk later in the draft

Ameer Abdullah - Rookie sleeper alert. If he keeps playing as well as he did in the Lions first preseason game, Abdullah won't be as much of a sleeper.

Shane Vereen - Could be a total PPR stud

Wide Receivers

Keenan Allen - All he does is produce. Depending on how quickly Melvin Gordon adjusts at the pro level, this could be a really pass happy offense this year. Love Keenan Allen as a WR.. and if you play the draft right he could even be a WR2 or WR3 for you.

Nelson Algohor - I disagree about Jordan Matthews.. I think Algohor is the guy that will fill the Maclin role for Chip Kelly. He is a mirror image of him and can be had in the later rounds of the draft. Probably my favorite rookie sleeper in fantasy football this year at WR

Martavis Bryant - Still cheesed he's not a Seahawk, but anyway. Bryant is a big play WR.. I see a lot of games where he has 3 or 4 catches.. but for 100+ and a TD or two. If you pair him with a couple of PPR studs you're in real good shape.

Jarvis Landry - STUD. Flat STUD. Tannehill loves him too.

Breshad Perriman - Another rookie I really like. Flacco is going to fall in love with this guy as the year goes on.

Tight Ends

Josh Hill - The heir to Jimmy Graham's throne in New Orleans.

Greg Olsen - The injury to Kelvin Benjamin vaults Olsen to the bonafide #1 target for Cam Newton. Olsen is always undervalued in fantasy, so if you miss out on Gronk, Witten or Graham.. this isn't a bad option either

Kyle Rudolph - With Adrian Peterson back, the guy that could benefit the most is Kyle Rudolph on play-action.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Jordan Matthews - Watch the Eagles last preseason game and you'll see the plan they have for the offense..Matthews, Matthews, and more Matthews. Add to that, the offense is well designed for getting its receivers wide open, so lots of chances for big plays.

Nelson Algohor - I'd consider him a bench stash only, but if one of Matthews or Riley Cooper go down with injury, Algohor has the talent and system to put up big numbers his first year.

Ryan Tannihill: Pass happy offense, great weapons at receiver and a shifty RB in Lamar Miller out of the backfield. Ready to take another next step.

Matthew Stafford: I know people have been burnt on Stafford before but I sense a big year for him. He's looked very comfortable with his receivers in the preseason and has more help at RB to ease the pressure off him who also look like good RBs who can catch and run.

Sam Bradford: Eagles offense. Enough said. If you like owning 2 QBs, draft him late and stash him on the bench.

Golden Tate: A WR2 that you can get for WR3 price. Comfortable in the Lions system and a QB who trusts him to make tough catches.

Michael Floyd: A talented big receiver with a QB who loves to throw deep to him. He's undervalued because of a recent hand injury and the fact Fitzgerald takes a lot of the spotlight away from him. As long as Carson Palmer's healthy, I think Floyd will be viewed as the de facto #1 receiver for the Cardinals by the end of the season.

Alfred Blue: Someone has to replace Foster, right?

David Cobb: The Titans are searching for the answer at RB and Cobb could eventually end up the man there. He looked great his first preseason game. If the draft was tomorrow, I'd easily take the chance on Cobb a round or two earlier than his ADP to secure a possible starter RB.

Devin Funchess: Not sure I'd draft him and I didn't love him coming out of Michagin, but I'm paying close attention to the Panthers (and Cam) rest of preseason. He'll get a lot of targets now with Benjamin out.

Brandon Coleman: Wouldn't draft him either, but reports are that Coleman has looked good so far in training camp and Saints lost 300 targets in the offseason with Stills and Graham gone and only Cooks (2nd year) and Colston (aging and slowing down) ahead of him.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Sankey might redeem himself this year. The OL looks much improved and with the running threat of Mariota he might find some bigger holes than last year.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":26koxfa0 said:
I'm wondering if Sankey might redeem himself this year. The OL looks much improved and with the running threat of Mariota he might find some bigger holes than last year.

Very possible - but it looks like David Cobb may win starting RB for the Titans.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":uvyijlqr said:
Latavius Murray - He will finish as a RB2 this year and I think he has RB1 upside. Every year there is one or two RB's that surprise, and everything points towards Murray being that guy this year. He has no competition at the RB position. Only a handful of NFL RB's are 3-down backs who also see goal-line carries, and Murray is one of them.

Chris Ivory - Ivory as well has the potential to be a 3-down back who see's goal-line carries. The Jets offense is going to run A LOT. Even though the Jets got Ridley, I doubt he'll be ready for the season opener. I think Ivory settles in as a RB2. HIs ADP is completely undervalued and I don't know why, he is going anywhere from the 6th-8th round. I've always thought Ivory is the closest thing to Marshawn Lynch in the NFL.

LeGarrette Blount - Another RB who should settel in as a RB2 based on little to no competition in the NE backfield and how much they run the ball. He should finish with double digits TD's pretty easily. Even with the one-game suspension he is worth a look as a Flex.

Eli/Cam/Ryan/Romo/Stafford - All of these guys should finish as top 10 QB's this year and can be had beyond round 7.

I always love looking back at this stuff. For the most part, I was spot on with the RB's. Ivory and Latavius were huge steals. If we redraft today, they probably both get drafted in round 2-3.

QB I was pretty off on. Romo obviously got hurt, but the rest of the guys with an exception to Cam have been very up and down.

Latest posts