2015's Fantasy Buyer Beware

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Please post who you think is being overvalued/drafted too high.
For me it's:
CJ Anderson- I know he was good for the last few games of '14, but for me, the Broncos backfield is like the Rams', it's unpredictable. He's going in the mid to late 1st round which is just too high for my liking.

Jeremy Hill- If he was the only talented guy in the backfield I'd say yeah, his early 2nd round price is worth it. But with Gio also in the mix I'd like to see him fall into the third before I draft him.

Emmanuel Sanders- I'm not particularly fond of D. Thomas either, but I think Sanders has more to lose as the smaller wide receiver with the asking price of a 3rd round selection. Thomas has a better chance of going up and grabbing those ducks Manning is chucking 10 yards down the field.

Joique Bell- constantly battling injuries, I have a hard time thinking he's worth a 4th round pick. I'd much rather wait to see who wins the backup role and choose between Theo Riddick and Ameer Abdullah 5 rounds later.

Jimmy Graham- I think he's a great addition to the team, but there's going to be a drop off in his fantasy value. He'll see a drop in targets and the only way he'll be worth his 2nd/3rd round price tag is if he sees a ton of red zone looks. A ton.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I agree with you on Emmanuel Sanders and Joique Bell. I'm never a big fan of the smaller-ish speedy receivers in fantasy like Sanders, Cobb, etc. I just think his #'s will go down with more of a run first approach in Denver. And from what I heard Joquie will be splitting carries with Abdullah, and the Lions O-line is nothing to rave about.

Carlos Hyde - He has an ADP in the mid to late 3rd round. I think Reggie Bush will cut into his carries and he will lose passing downs to Bush. Niners Oline is decimated as well. Hyde didn't do much in his rookie year to have me hop on board with him this year.

Todd Gurley - He's going in the 4th round, way too early on a kid who has never played an NFL snap and likely won't be active for the first game or two. And when he does come back, I think the Rams ease him in. Tre Mason will be a thorn in the side for Gurley owners.

Russell Wilson - Ughh I hate to say this, but there is no reason to take Russell in the 3rd round when you can get Matt Ryan, Stafford and Cam Newton in rounds 7-10.

Antonio Brown - Antonio is a stud, but I'm not taking him as the #1 WR. I probably don't even have him as my top 3 WR. As mentioned before, I prefer the big red-zone type of WR's than the fast speedy guys. A lot of mouths to feed in that Pitt offense.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Can't agree with CJ Anderson, nor Jeremy Hill.
Hill put of great numbers last season and nothing has changed except for now he has experience and the Bengals aren't going to ease him in the first have of the season like they did last year. At the very least he's going to put up the same numbers he did last season.

For CJ Anderson, he put up 800+ yards, and 10tds while only starting in 8 games. There is no question he is the best RB in the Bronco's backfield. I mean Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball? No chance, not after last season. He now has Kubiak who may be the best coach in the league at making RB's stars and he happens to be a perfect fit for the system. Anderson has a very legit chance to finish 2015 as fantasy's #1 RB.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":23s12c85 said:
I agree with you on Emmanuel Sanders and Joique Bell. I'm never a big fan of the smaller-ish speedy receivers in fantasy like Sanders, Cobb, etc. I just think his #'s will go down with more of a run first approach in Denver. And from what I heard Joquie will be splitting carries with Abdullah, and the Lions O-line is nothing to rave about.

Carlos Hyde - He has an ADP in the mid to late 3rd round. I think Reggie Bush will cut into his carries and he will lose passing downs to Bush. Niners Oline is decimated as well. Hyde didn't do much in his rookie year to have me hop on board with him this year.

Todd Gurley - He's going in the 4th round, way too early on a kid who has never played an NFL snap and likely won't be active for the first game or two. And when he does come back, I think the Rams ease him in. Tre Mason will be a thorn in the side for Gurley owners.

Russell Wilson - Ughh I hate to say this, but there is no reason to take Russell in the 3rd round when you can get Matt Ryan, Stafford and Cam Newton in rounds 7-10.

Antonio Brown - Antonio is a stud, but I'm not taking him as the #1 WR. I probably don't even have him as my top 3 WR. As mentioned before, I prefer the big red-zone type of WR's than the fast speedy guys. A lot of mouths to feed in that Pitt offense.

I looked good on most of my predictions, but looked like a fool on Gurley. He is going to win a lot of people their leagues. Reminds me a little of Odell Beckham of last year: A rookie who doesn't play until mid-season and completely comes out on fire and doesn't let up.

Only reason I was probably right about Brown was because Ben got hurt.

Trrrroy":23s12c85 said:
Can't agree with CJ Anderson, nor Jeremy Hill.
Hill put of great numbers last season and nothing has changed except for now he has experience and the Bengals aren't going to ease him in the first have of the season like they did last year. At the very least he's going to put up the same numbers he did last season.

For CJ Anderson, he put up 800+ yards, and 10tds while only starting in 8 games. There is no question he is the best RB in the Bronco's backfield. I mean Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball? No chance, not after last season. He now has Kubiak who may be the best coach in the league at making RB's stars and he happens to be a perfect fit for the system. Anderson has a very legit chance to finish 2015 as fantasy's #1 RB.

Arguably the two biggest busts of fantasy football. Sad to say I own Hill in two leagues. I was way off on him and I'm paying the price. I think from now on I only draft RB's in the first round who are proven studs.