My League Drafted Yesterday

Sac

Reaction score
Format: All TDs are 4 points, which makes this league QB centric, as such, 3 QBs came off the board in round 1.

Starters, QB, WR, WR, RB, Flex (RB/WR), TE, K, Defense

Here's my team. I picked 2nd overall.

Team Name: Abdullah Oblongata

QB - Andrew Luck
RB - Jeremy Hill
WR - Alshon Jeffery
RB - Ameer Abdullah
WR - Keenan Allen
RB - TJ Yeldon
WR - Davante Adams
TE - Jason Witten
RB - Danny Woodhead
WR - Kendall Wright
QB - Derek Carr
DEF - CIN
TE - Kyle Rudolph
DEF - NE
K - Catanzaro
WR - Duron Carter

Thought I had a shot at Jordan Matthews, but he was snagged right before I picked up Keenan Allen.

Thoughts?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Did you take Luck in the first? I still think the position is devalued because of position scarcity even in this scoring format. Good team overall though. If you did take Luck in the first how would if look if you passed and took a later round guy like Romo, Bradford etc?

I gave you a hard time last year on Mathews but I absolutely love him this year. I think anytime from the 3rd round on is fair for him. I like him better than guys like HIlton, Sanders, Cooks etc.

Edit added: Actually with so few starters maybe Luck wasn't so bad. I still think I might wait but its a fair move.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
The problem with passing on Luck in the first, in this league, is that QBs go early.

I Took Luck 2nd, Rodgers went 3rd, RW went 7th, then Brees and Peyton were gone by my second pick.

AP went first.

The upshot was that because 5 QBs came off the board before my second pick, a lot of Talent fell. I essentially started the QB run, and I was hoping to.

That's the only reason I was able to get Jeremy Hill in the early 3rd.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah I still think I would target a Romo or someone but that might because I have it so engrained in me not because its actually better. I think I'm fine with Luck there and probably Rodgers as well. Good team overall though.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I think you might be playoff bound but you didn't help yourself by drafting two tight ends and two defenses. Is this a 10 team or 12 team league?

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":2393ahvx said:
I think you might be playoff bound but you didn't help yourself by drafting two tight ends and two defenses. Is this a 10 team or 12 team league?
Is a 12 team league, but there were minimum draft requirements. Had to draft 2 TE and D

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1eef0b2p said:
HAWKAMANIA":1eef0b2p said:
Is a 12 team league, but there were minimum draft requirements. Had to draft 2 TE and D
Lame requirements, but in a 12 team league you should be okay.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Any way you can hand over the ownership duties? That's your biggest obstacle to a successful season.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
I guess if someone wanted to, they could, and just not tell anyone. But that's half the fun, at least.

Ozzy

Reaction score
What's with the serious response? I was messing with you. I'm listening to Christopher Cross on Pandora. I love "Sailing"

Ozzy

Reaction score
lol! Apparently I need to bring a better effort next time!