Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Give it to me straight then..

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. LANGUAGE RATING: PG
Give it to me straight then..
Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:02 am
  • 12 teams, 16 round draft - 6 points per TD including the QB throws - I picked 6th.

QBs - Rodgers (r1) - Winston (r15)

WR - Thomas (r2) - Maclin (r4) - Wallace (r8) - Funchess (r9) - Latimer (r11) - Wheaton (r14)

RB - Morris (r3) - Ivory (r5) - Blue (r6) - Ball (r10)

TE - Witten (r7) - Ebron (r13)

K - Novak (r16)

DEF - Chiefs (r12)

The league is always QB centric so was stoked to get Rodgers (he was 2nd QB taken after Luck).

As always I seem to have average RB's but Rodgers and D Thomas were too tempting to take in 1 and 2.

Anyway have at it.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Give it to me straight then..
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:09 pm
  • Light on RBs but those receivers are nice, hopefully Witten still has it this year. I'm a big fan of streaming QBs so wouldn't take one in the first
    Brithawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:00 pm
  • I think your RB's are awful and outside of Thomas not a fan of your WR's. Rodgers will obviously produce but I think you probably should have went RB in R1 and hit on a QB later
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:41 pm
  • Yeah, that RB situation is a little rough. I like Ivory but at best I think your rolling with two mid to low end RB-2's. With your league rules Rodgers was a solid pick. Not a fan of Maclin, but all your receivers have upside so chances are at least one of them will turn into a solid #2.

Not a spectacular draft, but Rodgers will win you some games. I'd be scouring waivers hard the first few weeks hoping to stumble on this year's Forsett.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:09 pm
  • This is why you don't go QB early in standard format. Points differential between qbs #1 and #12 (for example) is much smaller than differential between rbs #1 and #12.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:40 pm
  • It's not standard, it's 6pts per throwing TD. Those extra 2pts add up when you have Rodgers throwing 40 tds. Otherwise, I agree with you.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:55 pm
  • Ehh. Rodgers and Thomas are nice. But I'm with the consensus though. Those backs look brutal on paper. I'm not a Witten fan, and Ebron is a joke. Are Eifert or ASJ availiable?
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:30 pm
  • I don't like your team. I'm just not a fan of going QB in round 1, and you didn't help yourself by not taking a RB til round 3.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:37 am
  • I know I keep saying it in here but I really think its best to hold off at QB. I'll take a Romo/Charles over a Rodgers/Gio Bernard combo every time.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:47 pm
  • Your sage advice came too late to save me. This was my 2nd draft, I went R1 QB and R2 WR again. I did pick last though.

Normal scoring non PPR.

QB Luck, Bridgewater
    RB Ellington, Randle, McFadden, Sankey, Abdullah
    WR Bryant, Evans, Marshall, Cooper
    TE Graham, Ertz
    K Sturgis
    DEF Bills
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:22 pm
  • Picking QB first isn't necessarily a mistake with your league rules, IMO. I do it, but only if I'm picking low and only if I know I can get a top RB, like CJ Anderson, with my next pick. You can wait on WRs. There are potential low end #1's at the end of the third in most drafts, I find. Guys like Brandon Cooks, Jordan Mathews, heck even Alshon Jeffery and Mike Evans in some 10 team drafts are slipping. My last draft I lucked out and Megatron was waiting for me at 30. Wait to the end of the third on RB's, on the other hand, and your looking at mid range #2's and risky upside picks at best.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information