Give it to me straight then..

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
12 teams, 16 round draft - 6 points per TD including the QB throws - I picked 6th.

QBs - Rodgers (r1) - Winston (r15)

WR - Thomas (r2) - Maclin (r4) - Wallace (r8) - Funchess (r9) - Latimer (r11) - Wheaton (r14)

RB - Morris (r3) - Ivory (r5) - Blue (r6) - Ball (r10)

TE - Witten (r7) - Ebron (r13)

K - Novak (r16)

DEF - Chiefs (r12)

The league is always QB centric so was stoked to get Rodgers (he was 2nd QB taken after Luck).

As always I seem to have average RB's but Rodgers and D Thomas were too tempting to take in 1 and 2.

Anyway have at it.

Brithawk

Reaction score
Light on RBs but those receivers are nice, hopefully Witten still has it this year. I'm a big fan of streaming QBs so wouldn't take one in the first

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think your RB's are awful and outside of Thomas not a fan of your WR's. Rodgers will obviously produce but I think you probably should have went RB in R1 and hit on a QB later

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Yeah, that RB situation is a little rough. I like Ivory but at best I think your rolling with two mid to low end RB-2's. With your league rules Rodgers was a solid pick. Not a fan of Maclin, but all your receivers have upside so chances are at least one of them will turn into a solid #2.

Not a spectacular draft, but Rodgers will win you some games. I'd be scouring waivers hard the first few weeks hoping to stumble on this year's Forsett.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
This is why you don't go QB early in standard format. Points differential between qbs #1 and #12 (for example) is much smaller than differential between rbs #1 and #12.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
It's not standard, it's 6pts per throwing TD. Those extra 2pts add up when you have Rodgers throwing 40 tds. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Ehh. Rodgers and Thomas are nice. But I'm with the consensus though. Those backs look brutal on paper. I'm not a Witten fan, and Ebron is a joke. Are Eifert or ASJ availiable?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't like your team. I'm just not a fan of going QB in round 1, and you didn't help yourself by not taking a RB til round 3.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I know I keep saying it in here but I really think its best to hold off at QB. I'll take a Romo/Charles over a Rodgers/Gio Bernard combo every time.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Your sage advice came too late to save me. This was my 2nd draft, I went R1 QB and R2 WR again. I did pick last though.

Normal scoring non PPR.

QB Luck, Bridgewater
RB Ellington, Randle, McFadden, Sankey, Abdullah
WR Bryant, Evans, Marshall, Cooper
TE Graham, Ertz
K Sturgis
DEF Bills

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Picking QB first isn't necessarily a mistake with your league rules, IMO. I do it, but only if I'm picking low and only if I know I can get a top RB, like CJ Anderson, with my next pick. You can wait on WRs. There are potential low end #1's at the end of the third in most drafts, I find. Guys like Brandon Cooks, Jordan Mathews, heck even Alshon Jeffery and Mike Evans in some 10 team drafts are slipping. My last draft I lucked out and Megatron was waiting for me at 30. Wait to the end of the third on RB's, on the other hand, and your looking at mid range #2's and risky upside picks at best.