Just drafted today

Trrrroy

Reaction score
10 team, 6 pts per TD including throwing TD's. I was picking 10th.

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: CJ Anderson
RB: Justin Forsett
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Golden Tate (really didn't like picking up both the Iions WRs but I needed a second wideout and he was by far the best available. Decided to roll the dice and not fight the board.)
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Chris Ivory
Def: Panthers (playing Jacksonville week 1)
K: Dan Bailey

Bench
RB: TJ Yeldon, Ameer Abdullah
WR: Andre Johnson, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Devin Funchess
TE: Tyler Eifert

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I think you'll be ok with Tate and Johnson. The hope is that if one has an off game the other has a good game. You can also plan on getting some weeks that they booth score well for you.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Pretty good team. I don't like taking a QB that early but you still finished with a good team. I would rather have a julio/Romo combo than a luck/Robinson combo if the makes sense. I love Robinson this year too. Anyway nice job

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think Andre Johnson is a better WR 2 than Tate so I like your team quite a bit. You have to go QB early in a 6 TD passing league because the difference between 40 TDs and 25 is immense.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That's a pretty good squad. I'm guessing some people in your league drafted weird or don't know football.....seeing that you were able to get CJ Anderson, Luck and Calvin. None of those guys should have made it to #30. Love the Ivory pick, I'm targeting him as a Flex in most of my drafts. He will put up similar numbers to a lot of RB's who are going 3rd-4th round (Hyde, Alfred Morris, Frank Gore, etc.).

Good team though!

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2oqxj17r said:
I think Andre Johnson is a better WR 2 than Tate so I like your team quite a bit. You have to go QB early in a 6 TD passing league because the difference between 40 TDs and 25 is immense.

That was my thinking. In standard scoring leagues I always wait on a QB, but Luck will very likely lead the league in TD's. That's a ton of value with this scoring.

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":6actrqn7 said:
That's a pretty good squad. I'm guessing some people in your league drafted weird or don't know football.....seeing that you were able to get CJ Anderson, Luck and Calvin. None of those guys should have made it to #30. Love the Ivory pick, I'm targeting him as a Flex in most of my drafts. He will put up similar numbers to a lot of RB's who are going 3rd-4th round (Hyde, Alfred Morris, Frank Gore, etc.).

Good team though!

I couple guys maybe but for the most part there were really no big reaches, at least in the first three rounds. The only real headscratcher was Brandon Cooks going with AJ Green and Johnson still on the board. Mostly I think I reaped the benefits of being in a 10 team league that values QB's. Makes some good position players fall as people are taking QB's a couple rounds earlier than they should go in standard scoring leagues.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2cpxhwue said:
Hawk-Lock":2cpxhwue said:

Good team though!

I couple guys maybe but for the most part there were really no big reaches, at least in the first three rounds. The only real headscratcher was Brandon Cooks going with AJ Green and Johnson still on the board. Mostly I think I reaped the benefits of being in a 10 team league that values QB's. Makes some good position players fall as people are taking QB's a couple rounds earlier than they should go in standard scoring leagues.

AJ Green and Cooks over Megatron are questionable calls, but nothing crazy. I still don't get how he made it to 30. I'm all in on Megatron bouncing back this year, but his recent injury history is definitely worth noting. It's simple, if he stays healthy he finishes as a top 5 WR. Detroit handled his ankle issue poorly last year using him as a decoy, not allowing him to heel up fully.

I like your team, there is a good chance you will have a headache each week deciding who to play at your WR2 between Andre Johnson, Tate, Landry, Allen Robinson and Funchess.

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
For now I'm just gonna play Tate and Andre Johnson depending on matchups. We'll see if anyone starts standing out after the first few weeks.

jdblack

Reaction score
I'm not very high on CJ due to Ronnie Hillman. Hillman was ahead of him on the depth chart last year and has looked better imo both years. CJ inherited his spot last year when Ball, then Hillman were injured. Wouldn't take much for CJ to go the way of Montee Ball last year.

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Hillman Did not look better than CJ last season. Not at all. The guy put up 1100+ total yards and 10 TD's while not getting significant carries til week 12. Needless to say I'm pretty high on Anderson with Kubiak at the helm.

Though I was pretty high on Montee Ball last season, too, so my track record with Bronco's RBs is admittedly questionable.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Trrrroy":mlalnyg8 said:
10 team, 6 pts per TD including throwing TD's. I was picking 10th.

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: CJ Anderson
RB: Justin Forsett
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Golden Tate (really didn't like picking up both the Iions WRs but I needed a second wideout and he was by far the best available. Decided to roll the dice and not fight the board.)
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Chris Ivory
Def: Panthers (playing Jacksonville week 1)
K: Dan Bailey

Bench
RB: TJ Yeldon, Ameer Abdullah
WR: Andre Johnson, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Devin Funchess
TE: Tyler Eifert

Think your team has a lot of nice balance and is one of the better ones I've seen posted. Honestly I think you could probably slide Andre into your flex with Calvin/Tate. Really love Jarvis Landry too.

Only position I'm not crazy about is at TE, but really after Gronk and Graham its a crap shoot

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Well, that didn't turn out like I'd hoped. Through three weeks sorta looks like an all busts team.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Well I just bought low on Forsett and sold high on Cooper for Kelce, I hope you are hanging tough with Luck like I am.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Troy would do you think about packaging a couple wrs for a RB. Maybe Tate and Robinson for a borderline rb1?

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I actually already did that. Traded megaton and Abdullah for Forte (may have overpaid but I'm desperate and didn't have time for Abdullah to grow into his role). Also picked up dion lewis, Karlos Williams and James Jones off waivers.