Seeking week 1 WR opinions, Edelman

Chapow

Reaction score
Basically, I'm trying to decide if I should sit Alshon Jeffery and play Edelman in his place. Normally I'd go with Jeffery all the way, but he has been injured and is listed as questionable. I can't wait until Sunday to decide because the Patriots play today. My other options if I wait until Sunday and it turns out Jeffery is out would all be a pretty big drop off from what Edelman is likely to get. This is a PPR league and I'd be pretty surprised if Edelman didn't rack up quite a few receptions, but on the other hand he doesn't tend to score a lot of TD's.

What say you .net? Roll the dice that Jeffery will play and not be too limited or go with what I perceive to be the safer bet but with a lower ceiling in Edelman?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
What other WR do you have? how many starting slots?

I'd play Edelman if I didn't have Calvin Johnson/Dez sitting in the other slot.

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
2 WR slots and 1 flex slot that can be WR/RB/TE.

My WR's are:

Demaryius Thomas - WR1
Alshon Jeffery - WR2
TY Hilton - Flex
Julian Edelman - Bench
Steve Smith Sr. - Bench

It's a shallow league obviously, 8 teams (was supposed to be more. Long, uninteresting story).
$100 buy in, winner take all.

I'm really just considering swapping Jeffery for Edelman because of Jefferys uncertain status and because I think Edelman will probably rack up quite a few receptions and it's a PPR league.

Veilside

Reaction score
Chapow":1qk05h8m said:
2 WR slots and 1 flex slot that can be WR/RB/TE.

My WR's are:

Demaryius Thomas - WR1
Alshon Jeffery - WR2
TY Hilton - Flex
Julian Edelman - Bench
Steve Smith Sr. - Bench

It's a shallow league obviously, 8 teams (was supposed to be more. Long, uninteresting story).
$100 buy in, winner take all.

I'm really just considering swapping Jeffery for Edelman because of Jefferys uncertain status and because I think Edelman will probably rack up quite a few receptions and it's a PPR league.

Yeah that's what I would do, especially because it's a PPR league.

I have a similar problem with Mike Evans and whether to play Steve Johnson instead. I'm starting Wheaton over Johnson already but wonder if I should risk Evans not playing because it's looking like he's going to be a game time decision. Johnson's game starts about 30 mins before Evans's so I'm not sure if I'll know in time.

Johnson was my favorite sleeper pick because I think he's going to be revitalized by Rivers especially these first few games with Gates out. He's taken over for Eddie Royal who did really good in the slot last season and I think Johnson is one of the biggest underrated WRs this year. He's one of few WR's that both Sherman and Revis has had problems covering and was just stuck in a bad passing offense last season on the 49ers. I think it's safe to say that River's is an upgrade on Kaepernick and easily the best QB Steve Johnson has ever had.

That said, if Evans does play he would still be the best choice but who knows if he'll play.