OK I listened, did I do better?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
My 3rd draft after picking QB's R1 previously, 10 team normal non PPR scoring, picked 4th. Went RB RB rounds 1 and 2 as you guys recommended.

QB - Drew Brees, Sam Bradford
RB - Eddie Lacy, Shady McCoy, Melvin Gordon, Doug Martin, Todd Gurley
WR - Randall Cobb, Brandin Cooks, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Marshall, Devin Funchess
TE - Tyler Eifert (Ertz available on FA might swap for Funchess).
K - Matt Prater
DEF - Miami Dolphins (Panthers also available)

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1fuk2zvn said:
That looks like a good, balanced squad. Good job.

I was quite pleased with it but according to the projections I'm down to finish 8th out of 10.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":mj5he7op said:
SeatownJay":mj5he7op said:

I was quite pleased with it but according to the projections I'm down to finish 8th out of 10.
Those projections are always way off.

Alexander

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":djze6izw said:
SeatownJay":djze6izw said:

If you don't auto-draft, I would expect the system to give you a bad projection, since both the auto-draft and the projection system are likely based on the same set of player rankings. Basically, if you have a different set of rankings and take players based on that, the projection system will see you as passing over good players for inferior players. So if you trust your pre-draft rankings, you shouldn't fret when you get a low projection.

Case in point: I couldn't make my fantasy draft, so I auto-drafted and, big surprise, the projection system really liked my team. And then I proceeded to get totally destroyed in week 1. Granted, Dez Bryant and TY Hilton getting hurt right away didn't help matters.