Who to Start, Week 2

Sac

Reaction score
I'm considering starting Saints WR Brandon Coleman over Alshon Jeffery for week 2.

Now, hear me out before you tell me I'm a complete moron.

Marcus Mariota torched the Bucs D last Sunday, While Jay Cutler and Alshon struggled to produce against the Packers.

This upcoming week, Alshon will have a tougher test with Arizona's secondary while Brandon Coleman will be facing that same inept Bucs D. And he has Drew Brees throwing to him.

Last week: Alshon had 11 targets, 5 catches, 78 yards against the Packers.

Last week: Coleman had 7 targets, 4 catches, 41 yards and a TD against the Cards D.

Thoughts?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
You are overthinking this. First because we don't have enough meaningful data about who is good and bad. (Though Tampa clearly ain't winning the Super Bowl.) Second because the Saints might also ignore Coleman for Cooks and their RBs.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I need 1 wr and 1 flex from the following.

Tre Mason
Cole Beasley
Steve Johnson
Steve Smith

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2cjugkyn said:

Tre Mason
Cole Beasley
Steve Johnson
Steve Smith

Stevie Johnson, for sure. I think he's an easy WR3, borderline WR2. People forget how talented a receiver he is because of the bad years with the Bills in 2013 and 9ers last year. He will fit very well with Rivers and the Chargers. Even with Kennan Allen and their other TE putting up big numbers, Johnson put up 60 yards and 1 TD. I'd say that's his floor for the next 3 games. If (when) those two play back to the norm, Johnson could put up 100+ yards and 8 catches. When Antiono Gates comes back, The targets might become to spread out to predict his performance, but for now I'd have no hesitation to play him.

After that, I would probably go with Steve Smith. He has the highest ceiling. Cole Beasley will give you a consistent 5 catch, 50 yard day, but I wouldn't expect much more. I'm not sure about Mason.Will they split carries with him and Cunnigham? Him and Steve Smith are both the wildcards.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Yeah I'm really torn. Mason if he starts is a great flex play. I really worry about missing out on a huge Steve Smith game too. I hate having actual lineup decisions to make. I also have Davante Adams but I'm benching him so I can root against him easily.

Chapow

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1a31ndya said:
I'm considering starting Saints WR Brandon Coleman over Alshon Jeffery for week 2.

Now, hear me out before you tell me I'm a complete moron.

Marcus Mariota torched the Bucs D last Sunday, While Jay Cutler and Alshon struggled to produce against the Packers.

This upcoming week, Alshon will have a tougher test with Arizona's secondary while Brandon Coleman will be facing that same inept Bucs D. And he has Drew Brees throwing to him.

Last week: Alshon had 11 targets, 5 catches, 78 yards against the Packers.

Last week: Coleman had 7 targets, 4 catches, 41 yards and a TD against the Cards D.

Thoughts?

IMO, Jeffery is a clear cut #1 WR. Coleman isn't, at least not yet.

Jeffery will most likely get 10+ targets each and every game. Coleman? Who knows?

I'd start Jeffery over Coleman without hesitation.

Chapow

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1qwf1iq9 said:

Tre Mason
Cole Beasley
Steve Johnson
Steve Smith

I agree with Recon. I think Johnson and Smith are your best bets out of those 4.

Chapow

Reaction score
I changed my mind. I'd start Coleman over Jeffery. :)

Cause Jeffery is officially out.