Terrible wideout situation

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, and James Jones. I can start two. I'm leaning Robinson and Landry. Landry is going to get his targets every week, and with Robinson that NE secondary is suspect and they'll be playing from behind.

I'm not willing to buy into James Jones yet. What do ya'll think?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I expected worse. Those 3 aren't that bad of plays. Neither are true WR1's but I think you can get at least average numbers week-to-week with these 3, especially Robinson and Landry who are both #1 receivers in their offense. That's who I would start.

Landry is Tannehill's most trusted receiver and one of the most exciting receivers to watch in the league, imo. Despite the lack of RAC ability to put up insane scores on chunk plays, the offense is throwing 40+ times and will get 10+ targets a game. I think you can count on 6+ catches, 75+ yards and at least a few targets in the red zone each week.

Robinson is the next best play, imo. A lot of that has to do with Blake Bortles taking the next step in development, at least from what I've seen. Robinson also has the play making ability to put up huge numbers. I don't know why there's such a big difference between week 1 and week 2 for him, but I think he's closer to what he showed against the dolphins.

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Different league. That said, you're doomed this week.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
That's really tough. I keep expecting Jones to come back to Earth but Rodgers really loves him. Robinson could be this years Josh Gordon (great WR on a terrible team).

I would go Robinson and Jones personally, because that Bills defense is still really tough even though Brady ripped them apart. But the argument for Landry is viable too.

Chapow

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3mfh27wy said:
Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, and James Jones. I can start two. I'm leaning Robinson and Landry. Landry is going to get his targets every week, and with Robinson that NE secondary is suspect and they'll be playing from behind.

I'm not willing to buy into James Jones yet. What do ya'll think?

Dude. C'mon man. That is far from a terrible WR situation.

Jarvis Landry is seeing double digit targets come his way every week and is hauling in most of them. He's the clear cut #1 WR in Miami. He's a high end WR1 in FF (especially in a PPR league) and a must start every week.

Allen Robinson was targeted 6 times in week 1 and 12 times in week 2. I think it's pretty safe to say he'll continue seeing targets somewhere in that range (6-12) every week. He's up against New England this week and so far, they have not been a very good passing D. If N.E. gets out to a sizable lead and the Jags have to play catch up, which I think is a strong possibility, he could be in for a huge day. I think he's a low risk with the potential for very high reward WR2 this week.

Jones OTOH, was targeted 4 times in week 1 and only 3 times last week. That not a lot of opportunities and would concern me. Unless his targets go up, and with GB's WR situation I think that's likely, he's going to need to score a lot of TD's. Here's the thing though, he has been scoring a lot of TD's. 2 of his 4 receptions week 1 were TD's and his 1 catch last week was a TD. He had a second TD overturned last week. That being said, I wouldn't feel very comfortable with a guy that's only seeing 3 or 4 opportunities per game.

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I like the optimism I'm hearing about my wideout situation. I took a risk and traded Megatron for Matt Forte earlier this week (I drafted CJ Anderson) hoping that one of Landry or Anderson turns into a viable #1 for the season. Could backfire, but we'll see.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Yeah, that's not a bad situation really, here are my WR atm.

Cooper, Brown, Moncrief, Hankerson, and Tate, kind of yuck although I'm excited for Cooper season long, he was the first WR I drafted.

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Well, shoulda started Jones. I would be more upset, but I lost by like 100 so really makes no difference.