0-5, serious losing streak

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Just bad luck, speaking of Luck, this guy has been rough for me this year.

What sucks is I have Gurley but I may need to trade him now just to help the team out. I am thinnnnnn at WR and need one bad.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hang in there, I'm 1-4 and bottom of my league with this team:

QB Andrew Luck
RB Todd Gurley
RB Thomas Rawls
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB David Johnson
RB Melvin Gordon
WR Golden Tate
WR TY Hilton
WR Brandon Cooks
WR Alshon Jeffery
TE Tyler Eifert
TE Julius Thomas
TE Delanie Walker
K Steven Hauschka
Cardinals DEF/ST

I guess you must get top priority on waivers? Antonio Gates available? Or are you set at TE?

OP
OP

12th_Bob

Reaction score
It's IDP but my IDP's are all pretty solid atm.

My offense is:

Andrew Luck & Sam Bradford - one QB start league

RB:

Forte, Ingram, Ellington, Gurley, Forsett

WR:

T.Y. Hilton, Moncrief, Decker, Rishard Mathews, Kendall Wright

TE:

Kelce

Yeah, I'm #1 in waivers finally, someone else was 0-4 but got a win last night.

I lost by 3 points when Bell scored a TD, and I have by far the most PA allowed but a longshot. 170 more than the next team.

Some TE's in waviers are Walker and Thomas but I like Kelce long term even though Charles being out hurts that offense.

WRz are bare in waivers right now, maybe Mike Wallace is the guy in Minn? IDK

Thinking of just adding West and trading Ingram to the team with Davis for him. I go against a team of A. P. and AJ Green this week so it's going to be another tight game I bet.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Martavis Bryant out there? Could be worth a go. I wouldn't trade for Davis just yet, I've picked up West, will wait and see how they split it.

OP
OP

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Nope, no Bryant, I felt okay at RB so I just passed on West I hope I don't regret that one, I really, really need a WR though I think.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
#1 rule in fantasy is don't reach for a QB early. Pretty much every early round QB taken with the exception of Rodgers has struggled (Luck, Brees, Peyton). QB is really the only position where you can have guy taken in the late rounds 7-10 finish in the top 5 or 10 at their position.

Since you have Forsett, I would try to pick up Javorious "Buck" Allen. Forsett may miss this week with an ankle sprain and they just placed Taliefero on IR.

OP
OP

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that about Allen but someone grabbed him ahead of me, that sucks but Forsett might play.

Seeing reports that Michael might start when the Cowboys come off the BYE and I can stash him on the bench until then. I think I might need to eat another loss this week until I can turn things around. Still a long season though.

I didn't reach for a QB early, this was keeper IDP so I had Luck and Poslusney as my offense and defense keepers.

I did draft too many RB early though, picked Forte/Ingram/Ellington before selecting a WR. Learned a lesson there, might trade a LB for either Julio or ODB.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":pbgy3chi said:
#1 rule in fantasy is don't reach for a QB early. Pretty much every early round QB taken with the exception of Rodgers has struggled (Luck, Brees, Peyton). QB is really the only position where you can have guy taken in the late rounds 7-10 finish in the top 5 or 10 at their position.

Since you have Forsett, I would try to pick up Javorious "Buck" Allen. Forsett may miss this week with an ankle sprain and they just placed Taliefero on IR.
I took my qb in round 8

Stocked up on RB's and i'm 8 - 0 12 man league..

OP
OP

12th_Bob

Reaction score
3 game win streak going, gonna try and play spoiler, hopefully some help happens on the way and I can sneak in.