Mass Effect 2, keep or return?

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Whats up I just bought mass effect 2 from the store and it's return policy is that you can return it if its still sealed. Well I bought this game but im not sure if I want to keep it or not, I read it won game of the year for xbox 360 but for some reason I am getting a feeling that its a game I just won't like. I don't know I'm really tempted to open it though and just start to play it but I am wondering what if I dont like it? It will be a total waste of $60. Do I have to play Mass Effect to get the story of Mass Effect 2 or will it not matter?

The thing is I just bought ncaa 10 for the xbox 360 yesterday off of ebay for $25

Today I just bought Mass Effect 2 for $60 and I just realized Final Fantasy 13 is coming out for Xbox Tuesday (I personally have never played any of the final fantasy games but my friend says they are good.) So You guys basically I hope you can answer my questions from above and if you think I should return it or keep it. Thanks.

Smurf

Reaction score
K. first off. Mass Effect 2 is the best game for the 360 to date. Second, Mass Effect 2 is way better than any final fantasy game is, or can be.

Mass Effect 2 is an amazing game with great detail, characters and story lines. It wont matter too much if you havent played mass effect 1, but it would help slightly. It was designed to be a game you can play without playing the first one. It was a game that literally took up all my free time for a week once it came out. I love that game and it is most definately worth a shot. However. My advice to you is this. go to block buster, throw down $8 to rent it for 5 days and see if you like it before you open your copy up.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I really doubt it won game of the year anywhere since it just came out at the end of January. There's a ton of games yet to see the street in 2010. Maybe you read the first one won game of the year.