Fantasy Advice Thread

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Feel free to ask your league specific questions here if you want others' feedback.

My league, 14 team .5 PPR. We keep 1 person as a 1st, I have Gurley. I pick 13th and 16th of the non-keepers. I have been toying around with which direction to go here. Not sure if I should go WR/RB like Evans/Ingram or WR/WR like Evans/Cooks to pair with Gurley. I am leaning WR/WR because I like the RB depth around my next 2 picks.

What do you think?

seahawk2k

Reaction score
In a 16 team keeper league, it has every position, offense and defense, except for offensive line. Been in it for over 10 years. The stats are skewed so that a good quarterback is worth 40-50% of the total weekly points. I've had Andrew Luck since his rookie year, last year, he was really bad, and then he was injured and out for the season. I popped Blake Bortles in, and he was excellent, I went 12-1, deep playoff run, filled Luck's shoes admirably.

I hate using 2 of my 3 offensive keepers on quarterbacks. Gut instinct says to keep Luck, up until last year he was one of the absolute best quarterbacks in my fantasy league. However, years of awful drafting by the Colts, a failure to develop or emphasize the offensive line, and a subpar scheme and limited skill position players, have left me doubting if he is the best move going forward. Bortles has a better scheme, young talent at the skill positions, and in my opinion, a far better offensive line.

I'm worried that Luck has hit a wall, which is exacerbated by a bad offensive line. The mistakes he makes are the same mistakes he has always made.

So, I'd like some guidance. Common sense, I feel, says Luck, but the bad decision at quarterback in this league can ruin you for years.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Help me rank the 4th-5th rounder WR's. As i'm likely going to take 2 RB's in the first 3 rounds, I'll likely be taking a WR in the 4th round (possibly 5th round if I take a QB or TE early). Here are the guys I'm focusing on in the 4th round:

Julian Edelman
Jarvis Landry
Kelvin Benjamin
Golden Tate
Eric Decker
Randall Cobb
Jeremy Maclin
Doug Bladwin

None of these guys I'm crazy about, but they should do fine as a WR2. Typically with WR2 I want consistent play. WR2's won't win you many games, but you don't want them to lose you games. I'm pretty high on Cobb, I'd probably rank him first, but after that it gets muddy.

Also, as a side question. Would you feel safe with two of these guys as your WR1 and WR2? I did a couple mocks where I went RB in the first 3 rounds (one mock I got Lamar Miller, LeVeon Bell and CJ Anderson). I don't think any of these guys offer WR1 upside. All seem like safe WR2's, I'd just like to hear everyone's thoughts on having two of these guys as your fantasy WR's.

kearly

Reaction score
Decker - consistent 1000/10 player when paired with a non-horrible QB. Fitz is adequate.
Baldwin - has 1200/12 upside. Should probably be #1 but riskier than Decker.
Cobb - also has 1200/12 upside, but I feel his 2015 was just as real as his 2014.
Maclin - Not sure if he'll match last year's numbers but he'll be a safe pick.
Edelman - Might be good to have for the fantasy playoffs.
Landry - He's a bit like 2007 Bobby Engram
Benjamin - Some warning signs. I'm avoiding him unless he falls a long ways.
Tate - Not very good in fantasy last year and I think 2015 becomes his new normal.

I have Decker #1. He's finished in or around the top 10 the past few years, except for the Geno Smith year he had to endure. Some guys get 10+ TDs every year and he's one of those guys. He's also very consistent week to week for fantasy scoring despite his TD heavy nature. Even when he doesn't get a TD, he's a good bet for 80 yards.

I think Baldwin is going to have another 1000 yard season with better TDs than people think. It doesn't look like Vannett, Graham, Willson, Procise or Richardson are going to be racking up catches at this point, and this has made my outlook on Baldwin and Lockett rosier.

Decker and Baldwin are my two main targets in round 4.

I would rank Allen Hurns, Marvin Jones, and Michael Crabtree on this list as well, but they are going a few rounds later. At least in theory (people keep reaching for them).

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first year doing fantasy, so I don't know what I'm doing or really what I'm talking about.

But anyway, here's my league.

8 people
H2H
Um, normal scoring I guess? 4pts for passing TD, 6pts for rushing TD....
Defense/Special Teams consolidated
Roster = 9 starters + 6 on bench
Snake draft

I guess my only question to get started would be what position(s) should I draft first? Or if anyone needs more info, let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help!

kearly

Reaction score
In an 8 person draft you can do pretty much whatever you want and still have an amazing team. Normally I wouldn't recommend it but it's a decent way for a beginner to start out since there's so much parity, it gives the newbies a fighting chance. After you get some experience I would recommend a 12 person format as it strikes the best balance in terms of challenge and favorable playoff odds (50%). You can also earn a playoff bye in a 12 team format which is very nice.

When it comes to drafting, don't focus on drafting certain positions early. Just look at average draft position (ADP) and identify the players that you think are going too low. The draft room will let you put a star or a mark next to players which helps you keep track of them. As the draft goes along focus on BPA, getting your most undervalued players at the best ADP value with each pick.

If you don't have any kind of insider feel about these players, then simply drafting by ADP will get you a solid team. In an 8 man league it doesn't really matter which positions you draft at which spots because you'll have good starters everywhere regardless of your approach in a league that size.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
So my draft is this weekened. 14 team .5 ppr league. I have gone through and kind of made up a spreadsheet of guys that should be at my picks(not a standard redraft so some of my picks are weird). I keep Gurley and pick 13th. Which team do you like better?

Matt Stafford
Todd Gurley
Jeremy Langford
Alshon Jeffrey
Brandon Marshall
Martellus Bennett
Michael Crabtree

or

Cousins
Gurley
Mccoy
Crabtree
Marshall
Walker
Langford

These are guys that are in general ranked at or below my picks. I'm just tryigt to decide which approach I like better.

Bryce84

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1t4te4ut said:
So my draft is this weekened. 14 team .5 ppr league. I have gone through and kind of made up a spreadsheet of guys that should be at my picks(not a standard redraft so some of my picks are weird). I keep Gurley and pick 13th. Which team do you like better?

Matt Stafford
Todd Gurley
Jeremy Langford
Alshon Jeffrey
Brandon Marshall
Martellus Bennett
Michael Crabtree

or

Cousins
Gurley
Mccoy
Crabtree
Marshall
Walker
Langford

These are guys that are in general ranked at or below my picks. I'm just tryigt to decide which approach I like better.

Hmm lets see here.

Stafford vs Cousins - I like Cousins here
Gurley vs Gurley
Langford vs Langford
Marshall vs Marshall
Crabtree vs Crabtree
Bennett vs Walker - I give the nod to Walker
Jeffery vs McCoy - This is the tough one, both are quite the injury risk. As a whole I lean McCoy, but if you're building the absolute best starting roster with just the players listed in a 3 WR / 2 RB lineup then I lean Jeffery. If its 2 WR / 2 RB / 1 Flex then I like McCoy. Ultimately it comes down to how many you start at each position and what might be left in the draft, since if you require 3 WRs / 2 RB / 1 Flex then you have to account for the dropoff from Jeffery to the next WR you draft.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Bryce84":59g8c3mj said:
EverydayImRusselin":59g8c3mj said:

Matt Stafford
Todd Gurley
Jeremy Langford
Alshon Jeffrey
Brandon Marshall
Martellus Bennett
Michael Crabtree

or

Cousins
Gurley
Mccoy
Crabtree
Marshall
Walker
Langford

Hmm lets see here.

Stafford vs Cousins - I like Cousins here
Gurley vs Gurley
Langford vs Langford
Marshall vs Marshall
Crabtree vs Crabtree
Bennett vs Walker - I give the nod to Walker
Jeffery vs McCoy - This is the tough one, both are quite the injury risk. As a whole I lean McCoy, but if you're building the absolute best starting roster with just the players listed in a 3 WR / 2 RB lineup then I lean Jeffery. If its 2 WR / 2 RB / 1 Flex then I like McCoy. Ultimately it comes down to how many you start at each position and what might be left in the draft, since if you require 3 WRs / 2 RB / 1 Flex then you have to account for the dropoff from Jeffery to the next WR you draft.

My league is a 2 rb 2 wr 1 flex. Basically I started off 2 wr in the 1st mock and 1 wr 1 rb in the 2nd. I also waited on a QB and TE longer in the 1st vs the 2nd.

Latest posts