My FF

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
10 team league. Pick 7.

1.7 Ezekiel Elliot: I was absolutely avoiding him until I saw the game on Thursday. It was either him or AP, and I do not trust the latter.

2.14 Jamaal Charles: Because if he's healthy, these 2 RBs are going to get near 450 points combined.

3.27 Aaron Rodgers: 6 point passing TD league and bonuses for 300+ yards.

4.34 Demaryius Thomas: Here's hoping that Lynch/Simian keep his numbers up. Because he's still got the skills.

5.47 Jonathan Stewart: I'm OK with him as my 3rd RB when Rawls is already gone.

6.54. Donte Moncrief: Was almost my 5th round pick. I played chicken with the rest of the league. I hope I won.

7.67 John Brown: Hoping for a breakout year while the Cardinals suck.

8.74 Duke Johnson: Hue Jackson has had a top 15 RB on every team he's coached. Speculative but he's one of my guys this year.(Someone picked up Crowell....d'oh.)

9.87 Michael Crabtree: Great rapport with Carr so far, and Cooper will shift the focus.

10.94 Marvin Jones Jr: Really high on him in that Lions offense. Think he might take the #1 spot from Tate.

11.107 Zach Miller: Please come back from the concussion.

11.114 Zach Ertz: Because I needed 2 Zachs, and when you're dumpster diving for TE, you get 2.

12.127: Arizona Cardinals. Because my next pick wasn't getting taken by anyone but me.

13.134: Spencer Ware: Handcuff.

14:147: Dan Bailey - because who cares.

Overall, I'm stoked. I think there's a lot of potential here. I hope that it turns into reality.

Bryce84

Reaction score
You knocked it out of the park rounds 8+, in my opinion. I'm not ultra familiar with ADP's of guys since I'm an auction drafter, but I probably would have grabbed a few different guys in the first 7 rounds.

-Elliot is one I'm not completely sold on as being worth a 1st rounder - maybe a 2nd (I have Gurley, Miller, AP and DJohnson ahead of him, personally). He looked good out there, I just find it hard to believe Jerry is going to run him into the ground with that very capable stable of backs they have.
-I like the Stewart pick but I feel like he could've been grabbed later. He's $18 projected in auction which around that cost generally translates into like a 6-8th round pick I think.
-John Brown is the pick I like the least of the lot. I find myself dropping him in my ranks as the offseason has progressed. Injuries and Carson's erratic play (I know it's only preseason, but it is concerning) have me more and more skeptical on him.

As I said, I love what you did in rounds 8+. Tons of value acquired in that area. Personally, I have Crabtree and Marvin Jones way ahead of John Brown (Crab/Marvin are around $20 for me with Brown around $10), so hopefully you don't have to rely on him too much. I'm absolutely stunned Ertz lasted that long. I have him in my top 8 TEs I think. All that said though, you like who you like and you sound confident in your evaluations, so I don't want to sound like I'm trying to make you feel bad about any your picks or your team. I'd certainly be thrilled to roll into the season with a roster like that!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah your WR's are kind of weak. I think by the end of the year Marvin Jones might be one of your better WR's. While I'm not as low as most people are on Demeryius, I think he could be inconsistent this year, as the Broncos will probably throw no more than 20-25 times a game. I wouldn't want to depend on Demeryius as my WR1.

I really like your RB's for obvious reasons. If I had to swing a trade, I'd probably try to bait people with Rodgers. As much as I love Rodgers this year, if you can get something like Keenan Allen and Kirk Cousins in return for him, that would help your team.

kearly

Reaction score
Awesome draft, it's going to be hard to beat that team.

Only nitpick is that your #3 and #4 RBs are pretty terrible IMO. Jstew almost certainly has to be at the end of his rope, and Duke Johnson is essentially a #2 RB on a flawed offense - he's the kind of player that will be a free agent in most leagues by week 5.

Is Alfred Morris still available? He's looking like a good handcuff for Elliot.

John Brown has a concussion history and can't get on the field because of headaches. Not to over-react but there is speculation that his career could be in jeopardy. I'm guessing you didn't know that when you drafted him. Definitely not a guy I'd rely on as anything other than a #6 WR at this point.

You made up for it by getting Marvin Jones though. Jones will be just fine for you as a #3 WR. Crabtree will probably end up as your #4 WR, and he's a good #4 to have. He's good enough to help save you if Moncrief flames out. Smart of you to draft safe receivers in the mid rounds after taking a risk on Moncrief.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Love the top and bottom of your draft, with the exception of Moncrief I dont like the picks 4-8, Thomas scares me due to the QB situation, don't trust Stewart, Duke plays for the Browns :) and Brown may struggle to stay on the field and/or get many looks.

Also I have never been a fan of 2 TE's

You should be quite good assuming your top 3 all stay healthy.

OP
OP
Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":zojdg1lv said:
Awesome draft, it's going to be hard to beat that team.

Only nitpick is that your #3 and #4 RBs are pretty terrible IMO. Jstew almost certainly has to be at the end of his rope, and Duke Johnson is essentially a #2 RB on a flawed offense - he's the kind of player that will be a free agent in most leagues by week 5.

Is Alfred Morris still available? He's looking like a good handcuff for Elliot.

John Brown has a concussion history and can't get on the field because of headaches. Not to over-react but there is speculation that his career could be in jeopardy. I'm guessing you didn't know that when you drafted him. Definitely not a guy I'd rely on as anything other than a #6 WR at this point.

You made up for it by getting Marvin Jones though. Jones will be just fine for you as a #3 WR. Crabtree will probably end up as your #4 WR, and he's a good #4 to have. He's good enough to help save you if Moncrief flames out. Smart of you to draft safe receivers in the mid rounds after taking a risk on Moncrief.

I knew about Brown's concussions. I didn't realize they were career-threatening. He'll be first on my drop list. Edit: He was cleared to play recently.

I'm more comfortable than most with Stewart. I think he had a bit of a down year due to Newton's 10 rushing TDs, but he'll be good for a spot start here or there with some upside. If not, yeah, I'm thin at RB. (I wanted to get Rashad Jennings or Gore, but they went higher than expected.)

I've still got DeAndre Washington on the waiver wire list - who I'll pick up if Brown goes down - , and I'm hoping to pick up Deion Lewis at some point during the season. (I had a draft plan which included getting him in the mid rounds. That went out the window.)

Not sure about Morris at this point. It would suck if Elliot got hurt, but I'm not comfortable using a bench spot on him until I know for sure who sucks on my team. Like you, I spend a lot of time roster churning during the year, so I'm OK with some risk on my team.

Edit: Charles is behind schedule, which means Ware is a necessary pickup right now.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

kearly

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1hohjpkc said:
I knew about Brown's concussions. I didn't realize they were career-threatening. He'll be first on my drop list. Edit: He was cleared to play recently.

He was cleared to practice last week, wore a non-contact jersey, then left before practice ended with more headaches. Him being cleared doesn't really mean anything at this point, it's more hopeful than medical.

I'm not saying you should cut him, but for sure I wouldn't start him for several weeks (unless you HAD to, and on your roster you don't have to). Remember that Arians might bench Brown even after activating him for a game if he feels like it. He did that last year.

For me Brown is a lottery ticket type pick at this point. And I'd rather get the Josh Gordon lottery ticket, personally.

I've never really bought into the Michael Floyd's 2016 fantasy hype but I'm thinking about targeting him now with Fitz declining heavily at the end of 2015 and Brown having head issues.

Sarlacc83":1hohjpkc said:
Not sure about Morris at this point. It would suck if Elliot got hurt, but I'm not comfortable using a bench spot on him until I know for sure who sucks on my team. Like you, I spend a lot of time roster churning during the year, so I'm OK with some risk on my team.

I'm impressed with Elliot, but we have to acknowledge the obvious. Similar to Thomas Rawls, Elliot possesses a combination of average size plus an extremely violent running style makes him a significant injury risk. Morris has looked good to the eyeball test and has averaged 5.38 yards per carry this preseason. He has a history of fantasy production in the past, and so does Dalllas' OL. He's a bit like Spencer Ware, if he ends up taking over you can feel pretty safe about him giving you top 10 RB type weekly numbers.

OP
OP
Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":12rub12s said:
Sarlacc83":12rub12s said:

He was cleared to practice last week, wore a non-contact jersey, then left before practice ended with more headaches. Him being cleared doesn't really mean anything at this point, it's more hopeful than medical.

I'm not saying you should cut him, but for sure I wouldn't start him for several weeks (unless you HAD to, and on your roster you don't have to). Remember that Arians might bench Brown even after activating him for a game if he feels like it. He did that last year.

For me Brown is a lottery ticket type pick at this point. And I'd rather get the Josh Gordon lottery ticket, personally.

I've never really bought into the Michael Floyd's 2016 fantasy hype but I'm thinking about targeting him now with Fitz declining heavily at the end of 2015 and Brown having head issues.

Sarlacc83":12rub12s said:

I'm impressed with Elliot, but we have to acknowledge the obvious. Similar to Thomas Rawls, Elliot possesses a combination of average size plus an extremely violent running style makes him a significant injury risk. Morris has looked good to the eyeball test and has averaged 5.38 yards per carry this preseason. He has a history of fantasy production in the past, and so does Dalllas' OL. He's a bit like Spencer Ware, if he ends up taking over you can feel pretty safe about him giving you top 10 RB type weekly numbers.

I agree with your points on Morris and Brown. I'm thinking I don't yet have the room to pick the former off the wire until a couple weeks in the season - hence the risk - , and I missed on the Gordon pick. (Which was my mistake for not putting him in the queue.)

Someone dropped Gore, so I'm going to try and replace D. Johnson. Colts line is a shambles, but they were last year, and Gore was good for a spot start.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm starting to warm up to Michael Floyd as well. With Brown and Fitz ailing, Floyd looks like he is the last one standing. Never been a huge fan of him but he definitely has a few things working in his favor going into the season.