Jamal Charles

arghawkfan

Reaction score
With the recent news that Charles may not be ready for week 1 and may take a while to reestablish himself as the lead man in the backfield, I have begun to rethink my strategy for my upcoming draft. Like Kearly has mentioned before, I am a proponent of getting 2 rb's in the first 3 rounds of the draft, but I cannot invest the kind of capital to make Charles a useful fantasy commodity. I imagine Charles will fall to mid round 3 or early round 4 now, but Spencer Ware is being talked up as a 6th or 7th round pick. I believe that you need both players in order to benefit, and I cannot afford to spend a 3rd and a 6th for basically 1 player.

This news further weakens an already thin rb pool, and I now rank McCoy, Ingram, Lacy Martin, Hyde CJ Anderson above Charles, and if you end up waiting until round 5-6 to draft a rb, you may end up with Danny Woodhead and Matt Jones as your RB1 and RB2 in a 12 man league, which i wouldn't feel very strongly about.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I've never been really high on Charles, but I wouldn't go as far as putting Martin, Lacy and Hyde ahead of him. I definitely have Ingram and McCoy ahead of him. Being a big fan of CJA, I'd probably take him ahead of Charles.

But yeah, hype is dying on Charles. He is now looking a bit more like Leveon, where you will have to burn two picks (Charles and Ware).

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Unlikely to play week 1. Unless he falls to the 3rd round, I want no part of Charles.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
He fell to my 3rd pick and someone grabbed Ware before me so I paired him up with Deangelo Williams. Another nice alternative.

getnasty

Reaction score
Would anyone be surprised if Charles lead all backs in points at the end of the year? I wouldn't and for that reason I would take him in the second.

m0ng0

Reaction score
i am glad i avoided this drama, i have a feeling he will never be the same as he was, just a hunch

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Glad I drafted Ware, thats for sure. Still think the upside is massive when he comes back. Worth the risk, IMO.

kearly

Reaction score
I drafted him in my 2nd league. Unfortunately, somebody took Ware 2 picks head of where I had Ware targeted around pick 100 or so. I was willing to reach 30 picks by ADP just to be safe, but I wasn't safe enough.

Thankfully this happened in a 10 man league and I have 4 stud RBs. Michael Thomas of the Saints went undrafted in that league which kind of tells you the kind of talent that is available in 10 mans.

kearly

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3opttncp said:
Glad I drafted Ware, thats for sure. Still think the upside is massive when he comes back. Worth the risk, IMO.

If you want to win championships, you have to find those league winners. That usually means taking risks. If you are good on the waiver wire and have connections to make trades, you can usually recover if a risk blows up in your face.

Sac

Reaction score
My money league scores QBs heavy, usually 3-4 QBs go in the first round. I had the number #1 pick this year and was tired of a friend of mine snagging Russell right before me. So I took him #1...

I also managed to steal Jordy Nelson at #24, and Charles at #25.

I think all three of those guys have a legitimate chance to put up the #1 points at their respective positions this year.

RB#2 is Latavius Murray
WrR#2 is Golden Tate.

Stole Tyler Lockett in the 9th round, and Devin Funchess in the 10th

Latest posts