Madden 17

Greenhell

Reaction score
The last Madden I bought was '15. So, how is the gameplay on Madden '17?

TravTex

Reaction score
It seems pretty solid.

I like the direction they went with franchise. I've always been more on the management side, so tended to do quite a bit of simming. Problem before was that the sim engine tended to give crap stats if you didn't painstakingly monitor the quarter length (I'm referring specifically to super sim).

This year, you can play like 'key moments' of games. It super sims most of it, then throws you into the game for, say, a third down or two-minute drill. And the stats don't seem as horribly jacked as they would be if you tried that kind of thing in previous versions.

Seems to be the usual problems with excessive turnovers and rare penalties. I've gotten notably blasted by injuries a few times, too. Had one season with a team where I had a QB blasted out of commission for at least 6 weeks in FOUR consecutive weeks. I was out there grabbing Johnny Football out of desperation (Who also immediately got injured).

It'll be meaningless in a few days, though. NBA 2K is my sports game heroin, and 17 comes out next week.

Latest posts