Todd Gurley

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
What to do about Gurley? He is obviously an awesome RB, but man, that LA offense was one of the most pitiful showings I've ever seen. He is going to be eunning into 9 in the box every play. Should I panic and sell him while I can or hold out hope LA isn't the dumpster fire they showed week 1?

Bryce84

Reaction score
I don't think the Rams offense is as bad as they showed week 1. That was utterly disgraceful. The Rams will score touchdowns this year though and Gurley has very good odds to be involved in the majority of them. I have also noticed a trend with the Rams (usually on defense, though) in the last few years that they stink it up most the year until they meet Seattle and something about facing the Hawks brings out the best in them, then they go on to play well (or as well as they can :D). Cant say I'd blame someone for wanting to sell, but it's going to take a lot more than one bad game for me to sell.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat as OP. I drafted AP with my #4 pick, when I could have had any RB. Looking back at it, I wish I went with David Johnson. He is the younger and better talent on a really good offense. AP and Gurley are similar in the sense that they are on run heavy teams, but inept offenses. David Johnson seems like a no-brainer to be the first RB off the board, I guess I couldn't get past the fact that he had a couple decent backs behind him (CJ2K and Ellington).

I'm not hitting the panic button on either Gurley or AP, but there are causes for concern. AP especially with his age, but lets see how he does with Bradford under center. Keenum and the Rams offense can't be any worst than they were last week.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Personally, I am putting out some feelers on trades that I don't think would be a total waste of my 1st pick and if anyone bites, I'm selling.

titan3131

Reaction score
I have gurley in one of my leagues... But it observes the non tradeable 1st round pick rule. SUCKS.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":27jrbi2i said:
Personally, I am putting out some feelers on trades that I don't think would be a total waste of my 1st pick and if anyone bites, I'm selling.

His value is at an all-time low, I hate selling players when their stock is low. If you want to trade him, just wait until he has one of his big games and then send him off. I wouldn't trade him for anyone who had an ADP lower than 20. I can understand though if you are able to get someone like LeSean McCoy or Allen Robinson for him.

I think Gurley is going to be hit and miss this year due to his QB. He should have plenty of big games, but he will probably have a few more games similar to last weeks performance.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":36joq6ki said:
EverydayImRusselin":36joq6ki said:

His value is at an all-time low, I hate selling players when their stock is low. If you want to trade him, just wait until he has one of his big games and then send him off. I wouldn't trade him for anyone who had an ADP lower than 20. I can understand though if you are able to get someone like LeSean McCoy or Allen Robinson for him.

I think Gurley is going to be hit and miss this year due to his QB. He should have plenty of big games, but he will probably have a few more games similar to last weeks performance.

I doubt I will get any bites, but I think after this Sundays game it will be even harder to move him for any kind of fair value.

Vetamur

Reaction score
3 week rule.. dont panic. The Rams likely wont have a good offense, but they wont be what they were last week every week. Selling now in particular will give you the least return. Hold on to him, things will come around. I basically just stole him off someone in one of my pay leagues because his owner was panicking.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Gurley looked pretty good today. I wouldn't trade him for a bag of potato chips just yet.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I ended up trading him for Murray/Henry. I maybe sold too low, but I feel better about my team week to week now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3buvhu1u said:
I ended up trading him for Murray/Henry. I maybe sold too low, but I feel better about my team week to week now.

Honestly I think you sold too low. You essentially traded a first round pick for a 5th rounder and a late round flyer. I'm trying to buy low on Gurley and Allen Robinson in all my leagues. Was able to get him for Latavius and Travis Benjamin in one league.

I just think people are overreacting to two games. It's the same Rams offense as last year, and he was a great RB last year. The Rams had a historically bad game against the Niners, a game you just throw out. He actually looked pretty good against us, but what RB's actually do well against us? Not many. Gurley still finishes as a RB1 IMO.

But I can definitely understand why you traded him, headache is gone temporarily.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3l56tay6 said:
EverydayImRusselin":3l56tay6 said:

Honestly I think you sold too low. You essentially traded a first round pick for a 5th rounder and a late round flyer. I'm trying to buy low on Gurley and Allen Robinson in all my leagues. Was able to get him for Latavius and Travis Benjamin in one league.

I just think people are overreacting to two games. It's the same Rams offense as last year, and he was a great RB last year. The Rams had a historically bad game against the Niners, a game you just throw out. He actually looked pretty good against us, but what RB's actually do well against us? Not many. Gurley still finishes as a RB1 IMO.

But I can definitely understand why you traded him, headache is gone temporarily.

I'm pretty high on the Titans backfield. I also hate the Rams' schedule. I also feel like Murray has a little less variance week to week than Gurley will. In addition if you look at Gurley's numbers, aside from the initial outburst he had, he has not been that amazing. In my league (.5 PPR) he has only averaged 12.5 PPG over his last 10 games. That is good, but not amazing. Hell last year Murray was very disappointing and averaged 10 PPG and if you add in this years numbers, they are almost the same.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Still want to trade Gurley in my league, Luck was brutal until that pass to Hilton, considering moving Gurley for Brady.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
12th_Bob":1ooxanas said:
Still want to trade Gurley in my league, Luck was brutal until that pass to Hilton, considering moving Gurley for Brady.

I dont regret my Gurley trade at all. If you can get anything decent for him I'd do it. I got lucky one of my buddies had a hard on for him and was willing to give up Murray.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Laloosh":19yzaf0s said:

does your league score on yards per carry? I rode his 2 tds to victory. Hes the Rams only weapon at this point.. hes going to get huge volume.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Vetamur":13vwm1wi said:
Laloosh":13vwm1wi said:

does your league score on yards per carry? I rode his 2 tds to victory. Hes the Rams only weapon at this point.. hes going to get huge volume.

I made the mistake of not looking at the forum that this was in. I blame the beer.

Latest posts