Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. LANGUAGE RATING: PG
Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:10 am
  • Another horrible week for me.. I won in only one of my leagues, and thats the one I had to autodraft! Started AP and Danny Woodhead in one league.. you know how that story ends.. very frustrated right now!

    How did you all do? Any clever moves that worked out? Any player leave you bitter because he couldnt catch that one pass to put you over the top?
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8051
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:41 pm


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:26 am
  • I lost by 2 points, Barnidge and R Jennings killed me, everyone expected the Giants v Saints game to be a shootout, I have dropped Barnidge since McCown looks done and picked up Pitta, on to week 3 :D
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3436
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:12 pm
  • Yeah one of my fantasy teams is in big trouble. I lost AP to injury this week, which I think probably puts a fork in my team as I'm already 0-2. 0-2 isn't that bad, but my team just isn't that good. I made a mistake drafting this year. I got too caught up with ADP. Doing mocks, I had guys I was targeting specifically. Of course when my draft came around, guys who I wasn't even thinking of drafting due to their ADP were falling to me. Sammy Watkins fell to me in the early 4th round of a 10-team league. I've been avoiding Sammy Watkins in all mocks due to him going in the 2nd-3rd round. But of course I just had to take him just because of "value." Obviously it is looking like a big mistake.

    So next year I'm not drafting guys just because they've fallen far. In another draft the same thing happened with Dez. I've never been a Dez fan in fantasy. And this year I wanted no part of him with Romo out. But once again, he fell to me in the 3rd round so I felt obligated to take him.

    I'm also stuck with Latavius Murray on a couple teams who I will desperately try to sell after a couple good weeks. He is due for regression. I drafted him thinking he would dominate early downs. It is a full-blown committee in Oakland with Latavius, Washington, Richard and Olawale. He isn't talented enough to put up numbers with only 8-12 carries a game. If you have Latavius, sell now.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3345
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:49 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I'm also stuck with Latavius Murray on a couple teams who I will desperately try to sell after a couple good weeks. He is due for regression. I drafted him thinking he would dominate early downs. It is a full-blown committee in Oakland with Latavius, Washington, Richard and Olawale. He isn't talented enough to put up numbers with only 8-12 carries a game. If you have Latavius, sell now.

    Same here. It's so frustrating. I mean he just came off a pretty decent year as being the workhorse, plus making the pro bowl, and then freaking Del Rio puts him in not just a committee, but a four man committee. It's weird. I don't think Del Rio has ever cared much for him. It's irritating because his arrow was pointing so far up with this being his contract year. I'm trying to sell him, but it's tough. RB is my weak link, so I can't afford to part with much else. Losing Keenan Allen really hurt my trade prospects. I may be stuck with Murray for awhile.

    Heck, I offered someone Murray Jeremy Hill for Lacy and Michael Thomas and they weren't interested. I don't even want Thomas, he'd go straight to waivers.
    Image
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1090
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:00 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I'm also stuck with Latavius Murray on a couple teams who I will desperately try to sell after a couple good weeks. He is due for regression. I drafted him thinking he would dominate early downs. It is a full-blown committee in Oakland with Latavius, Washington, Richard and Olawale. He isn't talented enough to put up numbers with only 8-12 carries a game. If you have Latavius, sell now.

    Same here. It's so frustrating. I mean he just came off a pretty decent year as being the workhorse, plus making the pro bowl, and then freaking Del Rio puts him in not just a committee, but a four man committee. It's weird. I don't think Del Rio has ever cared much for him. It's irritating because his arrow was pointing so far up with this being his contract year. I'm trying to sell him, but it's tough. RB is my weak link, so I can't afford to part with much else. Losing Keenan Allen really hurt my trade prospects. I may be stuck with Murray for awhile.

    Heck, I offered someone Murray Jeremy Hill for Lacy and Michael Thomas and they weren't interested. I don't even want Thomas, he'd go straight to waivers.


    All the reports coming out of the pre-season and training camp was that Murray would be the starter and have a similar workload to last year. I've never thought of him as being all that talented, but drafted him based on volume. Give any NFL player 15-20 touches a game and they will be a RB2 in fantasy. And like you mentioned, this isn't a normal 2-man committee, it is a 4-man committee. I'm hoping deal him to someone who doesn't know the situation in Oakland, and will just see that he has had two consecutive weeks of double digit points.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3345
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:09 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I'm also stuck with Latavius Murray on a couple teams who I will desperately try to sell after a couple good weeks. He is due for regression. I drafted him thinking he would dominate early downs. It is a full-blown committee in Oakland with Latavius, Washington, Richard and Olawale. He isn't talented enough to put up numbers with only 8-12 carries a game. If you have Latavius, sell now.

    Same here. It's so frustrating. I mean he just came off a pretty decent year as being the workhorse, plus making the pro bowl, and then freaking Del Rio puts him in not just a committee, but a four man committee. It's weird. I don't think Del Rio has ever cared much for him. It's irritating because his arrow was pointing so far up with this being his contract year. I'm trying to sell him, but it's tough. RB is my weak link, so I can't afford to part with much else. Losing Keenan Allen really hurt my trade prospects. I may be stuck with Murray for awhile.

    Heck, I offered someone Murray Jeremy Hill for Lacy and Michael Thomas and they weren't interested. I don't even want Thomas, he'd go straight to waivers.


    All the reports coming out of the pre-season and training camp was that Murray would be the starter and have a similar workload to last year. I've never thought of him as being all that talented, but drafted him based on volume. Give any NFL player 15-20 touches a game and they will be a RB2 in fantasy. And like you mentioned, this isn't a normal 2-man committee, it is a 4-man committee. I'm hoping deal him to someone who doesn't know the situation in Oakland, and will just see that he has had two consecutive weeks of double digit points.

    Same here. Although I do think he's very talented. I had him last year, so I followed Oakland a little more closely. Their O line was pretty bad last year, so his numbers from last year are even more impressive. I guess the silver lining in all of this is that he's running hard and really good. Breaking tackles and scoring. I've read some forums saying it's good his legs are fresh because he's looking so good. Honestly, I don't think Jalen Richard is anything special. And Jamize Olawale has no business running the ball.
    Image
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1090
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:37 am
  • I got lucky and avoided the Murray situation at least.. he was someone I had targetted, just didnt fall to me anywhere. Ive stashed his backups on a couple of teams because they caught my eye in the preseason.

    I think I overall tried to get too clever this year with sleepers... maybe by mid season I will turn around.

    Looking like AP might not be done for the year, but he was playing like crap before he was hurt so...

    One more move where I got too clever was, before the season started selling my friend on T. Benjamin. Didnt do it on purpose..he had said something bad about him just prior to a draft in passing. I said "hey now... look him up and look at his situation". My friend is a pretty objective guy, did that..now loves him and so I couldnt get him in 3 drafts where my friend was also in the league.. and now hes tearing it up. Sigh.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8051
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:41 pm


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:41 am
  • I'm doing well. Deangelo Williams is crushing it and Jamaal Charles should be back this week, so Dwill covered my bacon for 2 weeks. Langford is worrying me big time now. Hoping to grab Howard in case Langford is benched. Gurley is still killing me. Really enjoying my Mike Evans pick though, he's a stud. Greg Olsen is solid once again. I've got a few weak spots on my team I'd like to shore up and I'm hoping to trade Eifort and Dion lewis soon to do so.
    User avatar
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1363
    Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:38 am


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:24 am
  • Won by .6 in one of my leagues, shit the bed in my other. Russell Wilson, Thomas Rawls and Randall Cobb didn't even combine for as many points as my opponent's kicker.
    "I knocked you on your ass tho, that's all I'm sayin'. And imma do it again! Imma continue to do it. Imma do it again, Imma do it again and again!" Kam Chancellor.
    User avatar
    SomersetHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2932
    Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 am
    Location: United Kingdom


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:26 pm
  • Still rolling strong, top scorer both weeks. Projected to score 152 PPR points week 3. League has 15 bench players with no waiver pickups allowed.

    Ben Rothlisberger/Carson Palmer
    David Johnson (Chris Johnson bench)
    Deangelo Williams (Le'veon Bell bench)
    Jordy Nelson
    Antonio Brown
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Eric Ebron/Zach Ertz
    Patriots/Bengals/Steelers Defenses
    McManus/Novak
    jdblack
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 446
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 pm


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:29 pm
  • U r playing with a bunch of idiots if u have brown and Johnson and bell
    stang233
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 182
    Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:59 am


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:55 am
  • SomersetHawk wrote:Won by .6 in one of my leagues, shit the bed in my other. Russell Wilson, Thomas Rawls and Randall Cobb didn't even combine for as many points as my opponent's kicker.


    Brutal..
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8051
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:41 pm


Re: Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans
Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:11 am
  • stang233 wrote:U r playing with a bunch of idiots if u have brown and Johnson and bell


    Johnson ($2) and Nelson ($11) were keepers from last year. In a $200 auction draft with 15 bench players I spent $70 on brown & $51 on bell ($8 on d williams).
    jdblack
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 446
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 pm




It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests