Week 2 FF Boasts and Moans

Vetamur

Reaction score
Another horrible week for me.. I won in only one of my leagues, and thats the one I had to autodraft! Started AP and Danny Woodhead in one league.. you know how that story ends.. very frustrated right now!

How did you all do? Any clever moves that worked out? Any player leave you bitter because he couldnt catch that one pass to put you over the top?

m0ng0

Reaction score
I lost by 2 points, Barnidge and R Jennings killed me, everyone expected the Giants v Saints game to be a shootout, I have dropped Barnidge since McCown looks done and picked up Pitta, on to week 3 :D

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah one of my fantasy teams is in big trouble. I lost AP to injury this week, which I think probably puts a fork in my team as I'm already 0-2. 0-2 isn't that bad, but my team just isn't that good. I made a mistake drafting this year. I got too caught up with ADP. Doing mocks, I had guys I was targeting specifically. Of course when my draft came around, guys who I wasn't even thinking of drafting due to their ADP were falling to me. Sammy Watkins fell to me in the early 4th round of a 10-team league. I've been avoiding Sammy Watkins in all mocks due to him going in the 2nd-3rd round. But of course I just had to take him just because of "value." Obviously it is looking like a big mistake.

So next year I'm not drafting guys just because they've fallen far. In another draft the same thing happened with Dez. I've never been a Dez fan in fantasy. And this year I wanted no part of him with Romo out. But once again, he fell to me in the 3rd round so I felt obligated to take him.

I'm also stuck with Latavius Murray on a couple teams who I will desperately try to sell after a couple good weeks. He is due for regression. I drafted him thinking he would dominate early downs. It is a full-blown committee in Oakland with Latavius, Washington, Richard and Olawale. He isn't talented enough to put up numbers with only 8-12 carries a game. If you have Latavius, sell now.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":tji56c0p said:
I'm also stuck with Latavius Murray on a couple teams who I will desperately try to sell after a couple good weeks. He is due for regression. I drafted him thinking he would dominate early downs. It is a full-blown committee in Oakland with Latavius, Washington, Richard and Olawale. He isn't talented enough to put up numbers with only 8-12 carries a game. If you have Latavius, sell now.
Same here. It's so frustrating. I mean he just came off a pretty decent year as being the workhorse, plus making the pro bowl, and then freaking Del Rio puts him in not just a committee, but a four man committee. It's weird. I don't think Del Rio has ever cared much for him. It's irritating because his arrow was pointing so far up with this being his contract year. I'm trying to sell him, but it's tough. RB is my weak link, so I can't afford to part with much else. Losing Keenan Allen really hurt my trade prospects. I may be stuck with Murray for awhile.

Heck, I offered someone Murray Jeremy Hill for Lacy and Michael Thomas and they weren't interested. I don't even want Thomas, he'd go straight to waivers.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2x8yrk7p said:
Hawk-Lock":2x8yrk7p said:
Same here. It's so frustrating. I mean he just came off a pretty decent year as being the workhorse, plus making the pro bowl, and then freaking Del Rio puts him in not just a committee, but a four man committee. It's weird. I don't think Del Rio has ever cared much for him. It's irritating because his arrow was pointing so far up with this being his contract year. I'm trying to sell him, but it's tough. RB is my weak link, so I can't afford to part with much else. Losing Keenan Allen really hurt my trade prospects. I may be stuck with Murray for awhile.

Heck, I offered someone Murray Jeremy Hill for Lacy and Michael Thomas and they weren't interested. I don't even want Thomas, he'd go straight to waivers.

All the reports coming out of the pre-season and training camp was that Murray would be the starter and have a similar workload to last year. I've never thought of him as being all that talented, but drafted him based on volume. Give any NFL player 15-20 touches a game and they will be a RB2 in fantasy. And like you mentioned, this isn't a normal 2-man committee, it is a 4-man committee. I'm hoping deal him to someone who doesn't know the situation in Oakland, and will just see that he has had two consecutive weeks of double digit points.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":39ke2ajj said:
Thepeelsessions":39ke2ajj said:
Hawk-Lock":39ke2ajj said:

All the reports coming out of the pre-season and training camp was that Murray would be the starter and have a similar workload to last year. I've never thought of him as being all that talented, but drafted him based on volume. Give any NFL player 15-20 touches a game and they will be a RB2 in fantasy. And like you mentioned, this isn't a normal 2-man committee, it is a 4-man committee. I'm hoping deal him to someone who doesn't know the situation in Oakland, and will just see that he has had two consecutive weeks of double digit points.
Same here. Although I do think he's very talented. I had him last year, so I followed Oakland a little more closely. Their O line was pretty bad last year, so his numbers from last year are even more impressive. I guess the silver lining in all of this is that he's running hard and really good. Breaking tackles and scoring. I've read some forums saying it's good his legs are fresh because he's looking so good. Honestly, I don't think Jalen Richard is anything special. And Jamize Olawale has no business running the ball.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
I got lucky and avoided the Murray situation at least.. he was someone I had targetted, just didnt fall to me anywhere. Ive stashed his backups on a couple of teams because they caught my eye in the preseason.

I think I overall tried to get too clever this year with sleepers... maybe by mid season I will turn around.

Looking like AP might not be done for the year, but he was playing like crap before he was hurt so...

One more move where I got too clever was, before the season started selling my friend on T. Benjamin. Didnt do it on purpose..he had said something bad about him just prior to a draft in passing. I said "hey now... look him up and look at his situation". My friend is a pretty objective guy, did that..now loves him and so I couldnt get him in 3 drafts where my friend was also in the league.. and now hes tearing it up. Sigh.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm doing well. Deangelo Williams is crushing it and Jamaal Charles should be back this week, so Dwill covered my bacon for 2 weeks. Langford is worrying me big time now. Hoping to grab Howard in case Langford is benched. Gurley is still killing me. Really enjoying my Mike Evans pick though, he's a stud. Greg Olsen is solid once again. I've got a few weak spots on my team I'd like to shore up and I'm hoping to trade Eifort and Dion lewis soon to do so.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Won by .6 in one of my leagues, shit the bed in my other. Russell Wilson, Thomas Rawls and Randall Cobb didn't even combine for as many points as my opponent's kicker.

jdblack

Reaction score
Still rolling strong, top scorer both weeks. Projected to score 152 PPR points week 3. League has 15 bench players with no waiver pickups allowed.

Ben Rothlisberger/Carson Palmer
David Johnson (Chris Johnson bench)
Deangelo Williams (Le'veon Bell bench)
Jordy Nelson
Antonio Brown
Larry Fitzgerald
Eric Ebron/Zach Ertz
Patriots/Bengals/Steelers Defenses
McManus/Novak

stang233

Reaction score
U r playing with a bunch of idiots if u have brown and Johnson and bell

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2miipp2f said:
Won by .6 in one of my leagues, shit the bed in my other. Russell Wilson, Thomas Rawls and Randall Cobb didn't even combine for as many points as my opponent's kicker.

Brutal..

jdblack

Reaction score
stang233":260pnpab said:
U r playing with a bunch of idiots if u have brown and Johnson and bell

Johnson ($2) and Nelson ($11) were keepers from last year. In a $200 auction draft with 15 bench players I spent $70 on brown & $51 on bell ($8 on d williams).