Trade advice

Blitzer88

Reaction score
So I have Gronk and Jimmy Graham on my team right now and I am getting a bunch of offers for Gronk. One of the offers that intrigues me is LeGarrette Blount and Sterling Shepard for Gronk. Do you think I should pull the trigger or keep Gronk and hope when Brady comes back he "comes back" as well?

My team as it stand now is (We don't have defenses or kickers in our league and it is a PPR league):
QB Russell Wilson, Sea

RB Ezekiel Elliott, Dal
RB Frank Gore, Ind
RB Jonathan Stewart*, Car
RB Matt Jones, Wsh
RB Darren Sproles, Phi

WR Demaryius Thomas, Den
WR Eric Decker, NYJ WR
WR DeSean Jackson, Wsh
WR Will Fuller V, Hou
WR Jamison Crowder, Wsh
WR Mike Wallace, Bal WR

TE Rob Gronkowski, NE
TE Jimmy Graham, Sea

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If you have both of those TE I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Graham looks legit and Blount is a better RB than Gore IMO.

stang233

Reaction score
No way for that trade. Never trust a patriots rb. If u are trading Gronk go for a better rb. How deep is this league? Dixon on the waiver? Doubt i

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
stang233":2etskp7z said:
No way for that trade. Never trust a patriots rb. If u are trading Gronk go for a better rb. How deep is this league? Dixon on the waiver? Doubt i

Each week we need to have:
1 QB
2 RBs
3 WRs
1TE
1 Flex

Problem is Blount is the best RB I have been offered yet. Also, Blount is the best RB on the persons team I am trying to trade with.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I played Blount instead of Demarco Murray this week, doenst help you I just wanted to say.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Rule of thumb in fantasy football is never trade away a star if you're not getting a star in return.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Definitely trade one of your TE's for a WR.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3v5a1skg said:
stang233":3v5a1skg said:

Each week we need to have:
1 QB
2 RBs
3 WRs
1TE
1 Flex

Problem is Blount is the best RB I have been offered yet. Also, Blount is the best RB on the persons team I am trying to trade with.

Blount's numbers will return to his normal after Brady returns and the Pats start playing like the Pats again. Lewis's eventual return will reduce Blount's touches. I expect White's touches to grow with Brady as well. As far as Blount, he'll produce, but not week to week though, and it's hard to predict and trust his touches.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Now being offered Ertz, Blount and Shepard for Gronk and a RB. Should I pull the trigger?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I say no.

Gronk is a 1st round pick in many leagues.

To trade a star, you should be getting one in return. Hold out for a true #1 (WR-1st, or RB)

Shepard's been decent, but will not be close to WR1- esp. when Beckham returns to normal production. Blount has produced, but his numbers will very likely return to "Pats RB normal" ie frustratingly inconsistent and impossible to predict after Brady's return. And Ertz you simply have no need for.

While it looks like you could use RB depth, you could flex Graham or Gronk and likely come out ahead. Maybe consider picking up Kenneth Dixon or even Bilal Powell if they are available.