Start Fozzy Whitaker or Jalen Richard this week?

thehands816

Reaction score
Jonathan Stewart likely returning this week. Carolina has been bad, but they face NO who hasn't been able to stop opposing RBs.

Latavius Murray is out this week and Oakland faces a KC defense who also hasn't been able to stop opposing RBs this year.

Who would you start?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Not Whitaker. With JStew back, he'll get the bulk, with Artis Payne being the backup. That would make Whitaker the 3rd string back. I still prefer Washington to Richard if you can get him, but if not I'd go with Richard. Even though Richard outplayed Washington last week, Washington out snapped him by a decent amount.

OP
OP
thehands816

thehands816

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2zt4w1ui said:
Not Whitaker. With JStew back, he'll get the bulk, with Artis Payne being the backup. That would make Whitaker the 3rd string back. I still prefer Washington to Richard if you can get him, but if not I'd go with Richard. Even though Richard outplayed Washington last week, Washington out snapped him by a decent amount.

Thanks for your thoughts.

It's strange. ESPN Fantasy has Fozzy projected to get 5 points and Artis-Payne getting 0. According to them, Stewart will be the starter and Fozzy the backup, relegating Artis-Payne to the bench.

Richard is projected to get 7.9.

Right now I have Richard starting over Fozzy.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
thehands816":3u9v3b9u said:
Hawk-Lock":3u9v3b9u said:

It's strange. ESPN Fantasy has Fozzy projected to get 5 points and Artis-Payne getting 0. According to them, Stewart will be the starter and Fozzy the backup, relegating Artis-Payne to the bench.

Well maybe I'm wrong. But if you look at last week, Artis Payne got all the carries. Good luck with your decision.

OP
OP
thehands816

thehands816

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3cocsu5o said:
thehands816":3cocsu5o said:
Hawk-Lock":3cocsu5o said:

Well maybe I'm wrong. But if you look at last week, Artis Payne got all the carries. Good luck with your decision.

I don't know man. I guess maybe they view Artis-Payne as a "Stewart replacement" in the starting role and Fozzy is a change of pace back whose role is safe regardless of whether Stewart or Artis-Payne is technically getting the bulk of the starting reps. Maybe if Stewart is back, Fozzy's role is safe and Artis-Payne hits the bench in favor of Stewart.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
thehands816":5znijfn7 said:
Hawk-Lock":5znijfn7 said:
thehands816":5znijfn7 said:
Hawk-Lock":5znijfn7 said:

I don't know man. I guess maybe they view Artis-Payne as a "Stewart replacement" in the starting role and Fozzy is a change of pace back whose role is safe regardless of whether Stewart or Artis-Payne is technically getting the bulk of the starting reps. Maybe if Stewart is back, Fozzy's role is safe and Artis-Payne hits the bench in favor of Stewart.

If you look at games where Stewart played, CAP was inactive and Whittaker was the 3rd down back. The game Stewart went down Whittaker got all the touches.

Having said that I'd start Richard over Whittaker.